*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015553-Thankful-Thursday-August-12-2021
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#1015553 added August 12, 2021 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: August 12, 2021
Istijal (Majesty), 13 Kamal (Perfection) 178 B.E. - Thursday, August 12, 2021


Today I am thankful for the scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah, because when I read them I can hear the echoes of the Holy Spirit flowing through them. Each time I read a prayer or passage from one of the tablets or epistles revealed by Baha'u'llah, I know that this is the Word of God for this day. I still enjoy reading and being inspired by scriptures from the Prophets sent in the past. However, it is the words of the Baha'i scriptures that give me a feeling of serenity.


"I will speak to you concerning the special teachings of Bahá’u’lláh. All the divine principles announced by the tongue of the Prophets of the past are to be found in the words of Bahá’u’lláh; but in addition to these He has revealed certain new teachings which are not found in any of the sacred Books of former times. I shall mention some of them; the others, which are many in number, may be found in the Books, Tablets and Epistles written by Bahá’u’lláh—such as the Hidden Words, the Glad Tidings, the Words of Paradise, Tajallíyát, Ṭarázát and others. Likewise, in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas there are new teachings which cannot be found in any of the past Books or Epistles of the Prophets."
'Abdu'l-Baha12

Today I am thankful that I discovered two articles about 'Abdu'l=Baha's journey to Paris, France, in 1911. Those articles are (1) Memories of the Sojourn of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in Paris https://www.bahai.org/documents/essays/lady-blomfield/memories-sojourn-abdul-bah... and (2) Glimpse of Abdu'l-Bahá in Paris by Alice R. Beede https://bahai-library.com/beede_glimpse_abdulbaha_paris.


Footnotes
1  The Promulgation of Universal Peace
2  https://www.bahai.org/r/416617759


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015553-Thankful-Thursday-August-12-2021