*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032251-Haunted-Mall-We-Called-Les-Misrables
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2251646
Well, here it goes! 'The Bard's Hall Contest' got me blogging again, so wish me luck!
#1032251 added May 18, 2022 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Haunted Mall We Called Les Misérables
Prompt 5:You decide join a book club and the first book you need to read for discussion is Les Misérables.
What is this was about? WRONG ANSWERS ONLY.

***************************************************************************************


There's a book written about this old mall, built-in 1975, and expanded several times. It was called Les Misérables. It stretched to 1,300,000 feet, with 140 stores, a movie theater, and a food court rented out spaces. This once-bustling place stayed open for fourteen years but closed its doors in 2008. Why did it close its doors so soon? Why did only two large retailers continue to operate but then, they too finally called it quits in 2013?

This mall closed its doors because it was built on Indian burial grounds, and it became eerily haunted, especially when you come in the evening to shop. That's when it got interesting! People would see dark shadows move in front of them, or they felt as if they are being followed throughout the mall. They would witness items falling off the shelves. There were some shoppers who commented they felt someone touch them; and looked around but nobody was there. Some people developed headaches or even worse, were scratched while shopping.

Fortunately, not all stores were plagued with this. The movie theater didn't have any of these going on, at least nobody said anything. The two large retailers were also free of these hauntings, that is why they stayed open when all others closed their doors.

Kids in the neighborhoods would play chicken, and see who could walk throughout the mall without screaming when they saw weird things. This became a regular past-time for kids until two children disappeared, and was never found. Talks of demolishing the mall began. Also, the Minnesota winters didn't help the mall's glass ceilings, they would crack, letting in the snow during winter storms. Then it really began to look like the structure stood alone in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It was a dangerous place to be and demolition was put on the books.

There were two things that blocked the success of this mall. It was built on Indian Burial Ground and that glass ceiling didn't go with Minnesota's winters. What were they thinking? Thus, it was named Les Misérables, because it was in such a pitiable state of distress or unhappiness.




© Copyright 2022 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (UN: sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeannie Cheering for Martel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032251-Haunted-Mall-We-Called-Les-Misrables