*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039334-Day-12-World-Building
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2281958
To keep all documents relating to the October Preparation Challenge for NaNoWriMo
#1039334 added October 17, 2022 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Day 12: World Building
Part of the story takes place in a fictional late 1920's early 1930's Britain. Three locations are important, these being Maurice's home; the Hippodrome Theatre where Maurice first meets Philomena, and where some of the subsequent strangeness plays out; the country residence of Lady Frederica Mortlake.

Maurice's residence is in Marylebone, and is quite sizeable, having a back garden, that is largely given over to his workshop. This is where he builds and stores props for his magical show.

The Theatre is in the West End, and quite near Piccadilly Circus. It has a bar area associated with the theatre, open to both patrons and performers.

Lady Mortlake's residence is in Surrey. It is a gathering place of bright young things and Bohemians, of which Philomena appears to be a leading light.

Some of the subsequent story will take place in the Theatre of Magic, which is not a place bound by the usual dimensions. I imagine some of the action starting onstage from the Hippodrome, or at least appearing to take place on stage, with a certain 'unreal' feeling to what goes on. This can be engineered by having familiar characters taking specific roles in the events that unfold.
© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039334-Day-12-World-Building