*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042295-Toys-Not-Just-For-Tots
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2260833
Blog attempt 1.
#1042295 added December 28, 2022 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
Toys Not Just For Tots...
Life changes, as a child you hold toys in your hands, manipulating them, talking for them, using them to cultivate you growing imagination. Gradually, you no longer need them to create your stories, to have fun playing. Your toys move behind your eyelids in the curtains of your dreams. The stories still flow but life has so much more to interrupt the play.

You read other people's stories, you let them play for you. Your imagination muscles grow weaker. What we all need then is the time and courage to pull out our old toys and remember how to play and imagine. That's why so many people feel drawn to spend so much money and so many resources to obtain the things they played with when they were young. The have felt the atrophy of their imaginations. It is instinctual. The problem is that they put the toys on a shelf and just stare at them occasionally, wondering what isn't working. That isn't what will help. If you are feeling the atrophy play with the toys don't look at them.

For those of us who keep our imaginations in constant use with good muscle tone it must be remembered that it doesn't ruin the exercise routine to ride a bike down a trail for fun once or twice. Swimmers don't lose their stamina by playing Marco Polo instead of swimming laps. Writers can pull out the toy cars and blocks and still write The Great American Novel. Play is good for everyone, and toys can be an essential part of play. Take out your dolls and your wagons. Hop on your bikes and your scooters. Visit the lands of imagination so dimly remembered and play.

© Copyright 2022 Bunny Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bunny Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042295-Toys-Not-Just-For-Tots