*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506210-Things-That-make-life-worth-living-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1254729
A compendium of my thoughts. Probably disturbing to most people.
#506210 added May 4, 2007 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
Things That make life worth living, #1
This is the first installment of the things in life that prevent me from killing myself.  They are in no particular order and will probably consume a large portion of this blag.

1:  Tasty Food.  Near where I live is a fish and chips shop.  I like to oreder the salmon and chips, then mull around town until I'm hungry again.  Then i like to go home and make an open-face sandwitch of Italian dry salami, kerrygold's Dubliner cheese, and a hearty locqal bread.  Later on, i'll make some ramen with egg, veggies, and some meat.  I pour out most of the packet-broth. 

2:  The Sky.  When's the last time you looked at the sky?  Go outside and look at the sky.  i don't care if it's raining.  No sky is ever the same, sort of like snowflakes that change shape.  The sky is beautiful.  You haven't gone outside, yet, have you?  Dance in the rain, bathe in the sun, watch the clouds change.

3:  Good People.  Have you ever seen someone admit their mistake an make amends immediately?  Try and watch for it if you can.  It makes you feel good all over, almost on the verge of tears of joy.  These people are where the concept of "Honor" started.  These people open doors for you, too, and tend to volunteer.  Hand the next one you see a fiver.

4:  The Sound of Rain.  I always wish storms would continue on forever.  I'm always glad to be back to normal after it's passed, but during a deluge i can think of nothing else.  The feeling is completely indescribable.  If you could hear contentedness, it would sound like rain falling on flowers and rooftops.  If you ever get the chance, trap yourself in a wood cabin in the woods during a rainstorm, preferably with a significant other.  Heaven is huddling with your soulmate under a blanket while the scent of old pine and the sound of the gale entrance your senses.

5:  A Hard Day's Work.  Absolutely nothing beats a long day of hard physical labor.  I once spent an entire day felling trees and dragging them places.  It was exhilarating.  I've spent an entire day trying to remove an enourmous stup, and half a day chopping wood.  The power you feel is immense, and the relief and satisfaction of finishing sutch hard jobs is equally great.

6:  Sex.  If I need to describe this for you, you probably shouldn't be hearing about it.

7:  The Smell of an Old Library.  You walk into its voluminous walls and your nostrils taste the crisp but musty air, and you know that this is a compendium of centuries of thought.  It reeks of experiences languishing on shelves.  the dust cries out to be removed by an exploratory mind.  Whenever I enter a library, I'm exuberant, but i reign it in, be it because of tradition or something more. 

8:  Music.  Watch for an extended post on this.  There's way too much here to tell in one blag post.

---
"My hand is not so great that showing it would make a difference." -persuader user from Kino no Tabi.

© Copyright 2007 Commeatus (UN: commeatus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Commeatus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506210-Things-That-make-life-worth-living-1