*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522647-Busy-busy
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#522647 added July 20, 2007 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Busy, busy
I think I mentioned that my son has been sharing my computer with me. His is in the shop. It looks like it cannot be fixed. Our favorite computer repair geek is working to save what Derek wants saved on an external hard drive that Derek gave him.

Today, I took Derek to the computer repair guy to drop off that external hard drive.
Then I took him to look at some new computers. Next, Derek and I decided to stop at Gabriel Brothers. It's a really cool store with name brand clothes and accessories for cheap, cheap prices.

Don't you know they were having a sidewalk sale! Yippee. I bought two pairs of jeans and a bottle of cologne for....are you ready? $4 total. Well, plus tax, of course. Can you believe? The jeans were on the $3 rack, but they were 50% off that. What a find.

Derek found some pretty cool t-shirts for $1.50 each. One is from a restaurant and bar in Austin, Tx. When he was a kid, he hated that he was born in Texas. Now he kinda likes it. *Smile* He also found one that says, "Southerners do it better." Hmmm.

We called hubby and told him to get over to the sale pronto. Hubby has been needing some clothes for work. Let's see... He didn't get anything from the super cheap sidewalk sale. But he did get...two pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, two pairs of shoes and about four shirts (I think) for less than $100. Besides those cheap t-shirts, Derek was able to find a pair of shoes, three pairs of jeans, a pair of shorts and two (I think) shirts. His total came to about $60. Not bad.

I tried finding more than I did, but none of the clothes really excited me. I saw a pair of shoes I would have loved having, but they had them in sizes way too big or way too small. Figures.

I think I forgot that I'm not a shop til you drop person anymore. Never really was, actually. But now? I'm hurting big time from doing too much.

Meanwhile, I need to be up bright and early tomorrow. Son and I are heading to the flea market. Supposedly there are some guys there who buy old computers and refurbish them. We'll see, I guess.

Poor hubby has to work in the morning.

Know what? The first time I was married it was on this date 34 years ago. I could have a kid ten years older than my son. Now that makes me feel really old. *Cry*

Well, I better think about doing some snoring. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day.


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522647-Busy-busy