*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523845-Ive-got-a-secret
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#523845 added July 26, 2007 at 7:39pm
Restrictions: None
I've got a secret
But it won't be much of a secret once I share it here, right? *Laugh*

Actually, I think I have found a secret. The secret to getting lots and lots of blog views. Want to know what it is? Well, based upon the number of views of yesterday's blog entry, it is one of two things. (Is it just two? I think I talked about two things.)

1) Call blue case persons "hoodlums." Yes, I really did say that. *Bigsmile* We're not all that way, but some definitely are - from the complaints going about this site right now.

2) Remind folks that they can save their entire portfolio by using the "site tools" drop down menu and clicking on "export portfolio".

Which one do YOU think brought all the traffic to my blog yesterday? *Laugh* Something did, because I got 75 views yesterday. 75 Before that, my highest number was 57, I think.

Hey, you think if calling blue case people hoodlums worked, will calling them dunderheads work just as well? Let's find out. Y'all are dunderheads! There. Now... I'm going to cross my arms across my chest and kick back and wait to see if the masses come....

I know, I know. Yesterday's entry was a bit cryptic. For those who didn't know what in the world I was referencing, I'm sure it was confusing. I'm sorry. For those who did know, they know I support them and their cause. *Smile*

Here's something else. Some may wonder why I'm bring this up now, but others will know.

In 2003, I fled an abusive relationship. I left Texas and went to Michigan to get away. I spent a week with one sister, then ended up at my parents' home, where I experienced even more abuse - not physical, mind you, just....well being wakened at 3 a.m. and asked to leave for no cause that I could determine. (Except that later on it became apparent that Dad had Alzheimer's and mom suffered some kind of dementia.) I spent a month in a women's abuse shelter that year, then lived with an 84 year old lady for about 6 months, then was back with my parents.

Note: During all of that, no one could have found me if they wanted to. *Smile* That was the point. I was hiding from the man in Texas, remember?

In 2003-2004, I was in the hospital twice, and you know what? If you had tried to find me or to send flowers to me you could not have done so. Why? Well, for one thing, I was in a hospital in a completely different town than where I lived for one visit. For another, I instructed the hospital staff that they were to give information to no one, even if they claimed to be family or friends.

You know what else? If you had asked my parents if I was in the hospital, their response would have been, "No! She's not sick." They were clueless.

Whew. Can you imagine what might have happened if some hoodlums and dunderheads decided they wanted to send flowers to me in the hospital?

I can...

They might have decided that I was lying about being in the hospital.

They might have believed my parents! *Laugh*

They might have decided to tell the world - well, the WDC world - that I was a liar.

....'Cause that's what hoodlums and dunderheads do. They assume things that are not true. Then when confronted with facts they refuse to listen to them.

Aren't you glad we don't really have hoodlums and dunderheads here at WDC? I know I am. 'Cause since I made a public accusation of them being hoodlums and dunderheads, finding them to actually being intelligent and caring individuals would mean that I would have to apologize in public as well.

Yep, that's how things should work. Accuse in public and apologize in public. Make a note of that kiddies.

Disclaimer: If you are an admitted thug (I mean hoodlum) and/or blockhead (I mean dunderhead), and I have offended you, I am really, really sorry. I did not intend to offend anyone. I didn't realize we had persons at WDC who admitted to being in these groups. In the future, I will try to use different references to persons who don't have a clue, but choose to point fingers and wreak havoc around WDC.


Hmmm. Hubby said that early on it's not clear whose side I'm on. Hopefully that's not the case, but as I told someone else just recently....I don't care what is your case color. What's important to me is that you are kind and truthful. And if, somehow, you've made a mistake, you own up to it. Well, I guess that's part of being truthful, isn't it?

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523845-Ive-got-a-secret