*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648818-Chapter-8-JB
by Kayla
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #1558244
Having to save a race you hate! Poor Mother Nature! Maybe it'll work out!
#648818 added May 16, 2009 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8-J.B.
How could this happen? I meet the girl of my dreams, and she turns out to be a goddess. The irony of it. Besides THAT, I'm half god. Today was supposed to be the best day of our lives. Well, I still think of it like that since technically it wasn’t our birthday anymore. I need to talk to someone about this. But she said not to tell anyone. This is too stressful to keep it to myself. Hey, she needs me to save the world. What’s the worse she could do? I picked up the phone and dialed.

“Hey Sheyna. Can you and James meet me at the crib? Something big just happened and I need some help.”

“Sure, what ever you need. Are you all right? You don’t sound happy. What happened?”

“I’ll fill you in when I get there. Just get James and get there. And, thanks. I appreciate it.”

“No problem. You know we’d do anything for you. See ya.”

“See ya.” at least I know I can count on my friends. The only ones who never let me down. I’ll always have them. They pulled into the driveway behind me, and I let us into my house.

“So what happened? What was so big you need our help? This has to be big if you’re asking for our help. You usually just keep to yourself when you have a problem.” James asked.

“I never thought something like this could happen. I never thought it was possible. Yet, it happened. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this. I’m not supposed to tell anyone, but I have to. This is something I can’t keep to myself.” I said pacing back and forth.

“I took  K.C. back to the forest and we were talking. Then we kissed and there was a lunar rainbow in the sky. Then she like fell. Her legs just gave out. And when she got back up, she was a different person all together. Even the way she talked was different, and she started talking about how she isn’t human. She said she is Mother Nature and that I’m half-god. When I called her crazy and tried to walk away, she made this big slippery seven foot wall rise around us. Then she said I'm the Chosen One and the son of Poseidon, and I told her I’ve never been in water. Then she raised a lake right there in front of my eyes. It was amazing. Then she told me to jump in and I called her nuts, but I did in the end. When I jumped in there was a whirlpool and the water was foaming. And then she said ‘it has been proved’”

“Are you insane or are you trying to trick us. There is no way that really happened. Sheyna, I think this is a trick. What about you?”

“I’m really telling the truth James! Don’t you think so Sheyna.” I responded. “Come on Sheyna. I swear on my life that I am not making this up and I am not crazy!”

“Um. . . I think. . . I think he is telling the truth. I mean, he would never swear on his life otherwise. We both know that, James.”

“Well, I’m  out. You can believe what you want. I’ll see you at the house sis. Later man.” After he left we just stood there sharing the moment. Then she said, “I think he’ll. . .” I never found out what she thought. K. C. Appeared in a tornado of wind and dust.

“Why didn’t you just do what I told you?” 
 
© Copyright 2009 Kayla (UN: k-anderson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kayla has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648818-Chapter-8-JB