*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679145-The-voices-owner-Is-God-Herself-priest-falls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679145 added December 8, 2009 at 4:18pm
Restrictions: None
The voice's owner Is God, Herself?! (priest falls)
Suddenly, a bright light flashes, forcing everyone watching to shut their eyes.

When John managed to open his eyes back up, he saw a giant, female, humanoid figure, made entirely out of light in front of him. The figure’s form kept changing as well, looking like a giant human one moment, to a werewolf the next, to a dragon after that, and so forth. However, it was always female, humanoid, and, at least, several thousand feet tall. Also, no matter where she stood, whether she stepped on something, like a building, or a bunch of people even, she caused no harm or damage.

She looked at John, and said; because he had a look of worry when he saw her place her feet near some children, “I made sure that I would be unable to harm my children when I first created them.”

Her voice was soft and soothing, so soothing that many who heard her speak fell asleep instantly, including Janus and Julia.

“What’s going on?” John asked, struggling to keep himself from falling asleep.

“You’ve given me hope for the future of my children, now I give it to you and others like you,” the figure said. “I once thought that I had failed in my duty as a parent, after all, I had created animals for my children that needed to eat meat to eat, but they went after their weaker brothers and sisters. I left them, saddened that I had created such monstrosities. However you gave me hope, for I’ve been watching you for a long time. You have in you the urge to feast upon your weaker brethren, like that child in your hands.”

At this, John looked down at Julia and smiled.

“I only met her just yesterday, when I saved her, but I’ve fallen for her. I want to take care of her,” he said, stifling yet another yawn.

“I know," the figure said. "You also know that you could end up causing her problems, especially with your urge to feed on human flesh.”

“Yah, I know. Will I, and others like me, ever get over that urge?” John asked.

“I do not know, my child. In time your descendants might get over it, but I do not know about those currently living. However, people like you, people who have the urge but fight it, can help teach young ones, so they will never have the urge. Now go to sleep. When you wake up, you and everyone else won’t remember seeing me. People will just think you gave a passionate speech in that every sentient being is equal and should be treated the way one wants to be treated themselves. They will want to change themselves, and their policies, so that all people are treated as equals.”

At this, John’s eyes threatened to close themselves.

But before they did, he asked, “Wait, before you go, can you tell me, who you are?”

At this, the woman of light smiled and said, “I have many names, giver and taker of life, goddess of fertility, the one all mighty, Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, and many more, including God. However, my favorite name has always been Gaia.”

With that, John’s eyes finally closed. The woman smiled, kissed him on the cheeks, and disappeared, full of hope that her offspring had learned from their ancestors’ mistakes and misfortunes.
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679145-The-voices-owner-Is-God-Herself-priest-falls