*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779388
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1670440
A collection of various short stories and poetry.
#779388 added March 31, 2013 at 10:24pm
Restrictions: None
Easter Traditions
What my family does during Easter.

Every Easter, I can predict what will happen. At a certain point, we’ll head to my grandmother’s. We say “Hello” to those we haven’t seen since Christmas. We say a blessing for those who ain’t there, for the food, and all that. Eventually we’ll sit down for a late lunch-dinner thing.

Should the day have been nice, grandma and the others will scatter the eggs; sometimes they’ll actually hide them, but other times they’ll just plain scatter them throughout the lawn on all sides of the house. If the day was nasty, the eggs will be in a box, and the objective is just plainly to stuff your bag. Occasionally, there might be special eggs meant for a certain person. Afterwards, we empty the eggs, looking for those that have special slips of paper that mean more prizes, and those with money; sometimes one gets lucky, other times you don’t. Afterwards, we might trade, or just plain give away things we don’t want; little brother hates Reese’s, or other such things.

After a while, we say our good-byes, and hope to see each other later in the future. As for me, I’ll have to deal with the cavities.
© Copyright 2013 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779388