*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815635-Is-the-media-in-Team-Obamas-back-pocket
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#815635 added May 2, 2014 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
Is the media in Team Obama's back pocket?
Nightly news reports sure do make you wonder, don't they? Earlier today came the news that, lo and behold, unemployment has been reduced to 6.3%. The White House was so proud.



Then came the glowing reports in the news. How quickly they were able to find people who say they're doing well, that they're blessed to be working, even that real estate is doing so much better now.



I'm not buying it. Nope. I'm 62 now, and I've lived in times where actual unemployment was 6.3%. It didn't look like this at all. In years past when we had only 6.3% unemployment figures, whether I was living in TX, or FL, or MI, PA or OH, I didn't know anyone who was actually unemployed. With today's supposed 6.3% unemployment figure there are people on my street and neighborhood, people in my church, people I know from other groups (like fibromyalgia support groups and the local TEA party, etc, etc, etc) who I know who are unemployed and some who haven't been able to find work for months or even years, depending upon their job skills or professions.



What Team Obama (which, of course, includes lamestream media) is ignoring is that if you look at the number of individuals who could be working, the picture is much bleaker. Today only 62% of individuals able to work are acutally working, and that number is worse than it's been since 1978.



Imagine a world where the media would tell you the truth, even if the politicians didn't. That, folks, is why some of us old farts long for days gone by. It's not because we want slavery or that we don't want women voting. It's because we miss the days when the media was on the side of the people, not the side of the money and influence. We long for the days when the majority of politicians knew that they worked for us, not for some lobbying group. We long for the days when every kid in the school could take a gun and no one would ever be shot, because kids were taught to value life.



It's not time to celebrate, folks. 6.3% unemployment would be something to gloat about IF it wasn't true that 38% of people who are able to work are sitting at home collecting some kind of benefits paid for by tax payers. Or, they might be living on the streets. For that we should throw a party? Hardly.


© Copyright 2014 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815635-Is-the-media-in-Team-Obamas-back-pocket