*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890755-Aug-24th-Paris-and-Real-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#890755 added August 25, 2016 at 1:08am
Restrictions: None
Aug. 24th Paris and Real Life
Howdy Once Again!

We're still in Paris which means a French flag, thus the prompt will be in blue and my part will be in red.

Aug. 24th Paris

Okay, sleepyheads rise and shine after breakfast at the hotel. Yes, I know the chef is divine here but we're off for a bike tour today. Together with your guide, you'll walk to the RER train station to make the 30-minute trip by train to Versailles. Once in Versailles, you will pick up your bike at an office just 5 minutes from the Palace of Versailles. The first of many highlights on this active day out is a visit to Versailles' village market to buy baguettes, cheese, ham, wine and whatever else you desire for your delicious picnic lunch in Versailles' gardens. These picnic provisions are purchased at your own expense.

The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.

Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.

After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=3588VERSA&d=188681&a...


I don't know another word for Versailles except WOW! Outside was beautiful and really neat to think that I was in the same places as kings and queens. But, INSIDE was WOW! It was simply amazing! I loved getting to see the opulance! I'm not 100% sure I'd want to live like that, but then again, I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't either. lol

We stopped and had a picnic as well. That was fun. I haven't had a real picnic in a long time. What a treat!

I wasn't sure about this whole biking thing since I'm pretty anti-exercise, not to mention, biking hurts my knee, but I agree that we got to see WAY more this way, so it was worth it, even if I'll be walking like a pirate later. lol


We're doing the Eiffel Tower this evening, what better way to see the city of lights than by night, don't you agree.

Meet a few streets away from the Eiffel Tower and avoid waiting in a queue that often takes at least two hours during the summer months! A pre-booked, skip-the-line ticket grants priority access to the Eiffel Tower elevator, so you'll go straight up to the second level after learning about the building's fascinating history.

Hear the story of the man behind the Tower, Gustave Eiffel, and learn about the wonders behind this architectural and engineering feat as you view it up close. Hear the details of the World’s Fair of 1889, the year the tower was built. The first level offers a great cinematic theater where you can see exclusive video of the tower’s storied 120-plus-year history. It also features one of the original spiral staircases that Gustave himself used daily to reach his office on the top level.

Eiffel Tower 2nd Level
On the second level, your guide will allow ample time to take in the best views that Paris has to offer. With two tiers on the second level, there is plenty of space to hear your tour guide explain the countless stunts and anecdotes from the tower’s past. You’ll be entertained with stories about crazy exploits (like planes flying underneath the tower) and the tower’s role in everything from world wars to Hollywood movies.

Eiffel Tower 1st Level and the Eiffel Tower Summit (3rd Level)
Upon the conclusion of the tour, your time on the Eiffel Tower doesn’t have to end; the price includes tickets to the first level and the summit of the tower too. At the summit, purchase a glass of Champagne to enjoy while you stare out over the City of Light. The skip-the-line access you receive for the first two levels does not include the 3rd level; everyone must wait for one elevator, but the line doesn't usually last longer than 30 minutes – a short time to wait to stand at the top of the Eiffel Tower!

This tour provides skip-the-line priority, but is subject to all procedures and security requirements of the Eiffel Tower.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=3588EIFFELTOWER&d=18...


Of course, I wanted to see the Eiffel Tower just because you pretty much have to if you go to Paris, but I had no idea how BEAUTIFUL it was! I mean really beautiful! I'm SO GLAD I got to see it up close and personal! The pictures just do NOT do it justice! I also really enjoyed the stories and history.

I'd like to especially thank Lyn's a sly fox for all these "skip the line" things. What a time saver! I didn't know they were basically EVERYWHERE. Smart thinking, lady! *Wink*


for my energetic crew there's more game clubs

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187147-Activities-c56-t208-Paris_Ile_de...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187147-d5039754-Reviews-HintHunt_...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187147-d8843110-Reviews-One_Hour_...


I'll be honest. I enjoy those rooms and being there with SB Musing will certainly mean an interesting time in one way or another, but there's just nothing like being pampered at the Four Seasons Spa! I opted to skip the games and get a deep massage followed by some steam and sauna time. Ahhh...and it really helped my knee a lot. *Smile*

I forgot to ask did you enjoy Hamburg or Amsterdam's red light district better, I have to let my fellow guides know the consensus.

Ummm...I know this sounds so terrible, but those were days ago. I can't recall. So, I'll just say Germany since I'm German. *Smile* Or wait, I should say Amsterdam since I'm German, if that makes any sense. lol

Real Life

I just gotta share that I was working on my first chapter of my book "Hook to Book, Round 3-Sheriff Sam Rabbit for "Invalid Item and I obviously need sleep because I was REALLY cracking myself up! I mean like the process was being slowed down by all my laughing! I just thought what I was writing was TOO FUNNY! Now, the funny/sad part will be when I read it after getting some sleep and I'm disappointed at the crap I wrote. Well, I don't feel that tired, so maybe it's not as bad as I worry it might be. lol I really should go to bed, though. I'd planned to write my next blog post since it was technically the next day, but I think I'll sleep instead. I've been feeling queasy on and off for a while now. I thought I was actually going to throw up a little while ago. I could probably use the sleep if I'm actually coming down with something.

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890755-Aug-24th-Paris-and-Real-Life