*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906504-Saturday-Potpourri
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#906504 added March 11, 2017 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday Potpourri
Jalál (Glory), 11 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 173 BE - Saturday, March 11, 2017 CE

This morning I responded to only one of the Blog Prompts in "Melting Snow that was for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. I responded to the "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt in Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon under the title The First Signs of Spring: A Poem1. I'm not sure whether I'm going to respond to the "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt or not. At this point I can't think of a response, so I may just post "Creation Saturday: The Battle of the Millennium to the Blog City forum and a non-prompt. I'll see what I come up with later today.


GPs = 3,936,934
Premium Plus = 4,199,500
GPs Needed = 262,566
Premium Membership Expires on May 30,2017

I received my Municipal Primary Election Sample Ballot today. There are only two city offices to vote on and both are for municipal court judges. Early voting is Saturday, March 18 to Friday, March 31 while the general election is Tuesday, April 4. This being a municipal election, I'm not sure about what the turn out will be. I know I'm not going to work the general election or the early voting. I haven't be asked, but if someone does call or e-mail me with a request, I'm turning it down. I just don't feel like spending an entire day at the election poles this year.

Baha'i Words Quotation for March 11, 2017

"It is permitted that the peoples and kindreds of the world associate with one another with joy and radiance. O People! Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship. Thus hath the day-star of His sanction and authority shone forth above the horizon of the decree of God, the Lord of the worlds."
Bahá’u’lláh

I wonder how good a job I do at expressing this scripture in my life. I suppose I need to stop worrying about that and just do the best I can. A New Year is coming up. March 20 is Naw-Ruz and the first day of the 174 BE. I feel that I need to do something different at the beginning of this New Year. Perhaps I should write a Dear Me letter in this journal or in one of my blogs. I'll have to think about that. I'm also starting a new poetry journal for poems celebrating the bicentennial. I hope to use that journal for poems about the bicentennial of The Bab's birth which is two years from now.

Footnotes
1  http://poet999.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-first-signs-of-spring-poem.html


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906504-Saturday-Potpourri