*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906583-On-Sunday-the-First-Day-of-Daylight-Savings-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#906583 added March 13, 2017 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
On Sunday the First Day of Daylight Savings Time
Jamál (Beauty), 12 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 173 BE - Sunday, March 12, 2017 CE

Sunday Morning

It's the first day of daylight savings time 2017 so I suspect it will be a long day. I woke up about 7:30 AM, but didn't get any of my meds taken until about 7:50 AM. I took the two meds I'm supposed to take on an empty stomach. I don't think I should have taken them as close together as I did; however, it's too late now to undo it or worry about it. I took my walk this morning before I had coffee, put my teeth in or ate my breakfast. When I take my walk on Monday I'll have to put my teeth in before I leave the house.


I talked to Connie this morning. She's doing alright under the circumstances, however, I don't think she's fully recovered from finding her friend murdered last year. Connie's friend was another hooker who was murdered and mutilated by a "trick". This proves just how difficult it is difficult for women to survive in a man's world. The majority of "girls" on the street wouldn't be doing that if they had a choice or felt they had a choice. True some of them do it for the drugs, but not all of them. Unless you've spoken to the "girls" working the streets you don't understand them and even then it's sometimes difficult to understand; however, ignoring them or the issues that are causing them to work the streets isn't going to change anything.

Sunday Afternoon

I seem to be doing fine today. So far I'm still wide awake, which is somewhat unusual on the first day of Daylight Savings Time. My time sense isn't a screwed up as usual, but then this is only the first day and I don't have to be any where until Monday, March 27. That's the day I'm going to a podiatrist to get my toe nails cut. It's too difficult for me to cut them myself, which means that every couple of years or so (whenever they begin to bother me) I have to have a professional cut them. Probably better then me doing it myself.

Tomorrow is Monday and I have to figure out what goals I need to post to "Weekly Goals. I haven't been doing well in achieving the goals I set. I think that part of the problems comes from waiting until Monday to set the goals instead of planning them on Sunday. Another issue is that I don't review the goals everyday; therefore, I'll review the goals each day to see which ones I have to work on each day. Another thing I'm going to try this week is making the goals more concrete.

Goals for the Week of March 13-17, 2017

*Box* "Short Shots: Official WDC Contest Deadline: 11:59 PM EDT March 31, 2017.
*Box* Review a minimum of 4 items per day with at least 1 written by a newbie.
*Box* "The Flash Blog Contest - Closed March 15 to April 15.
*Box* Finish may edition of the Fantasy newsletter Deadline: Monday, March 20 @ 8:59 AM EDT.
*Box* "SCREAMS!!! I need to check for Monday or Tuesday's prompt.
*Box* Do other things I have to do, but I haven't put on this list for one reason or another.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906583-On-Sunday-the-First-Day-of-Daylight-Savings-Time