*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910781-Something-to-ponder
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#910781 added May 9, 2017 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
Something to ponder
I love, love, love, the word ponder. Dictionary.com (isn't that YOUR favorite go to place for everything dictionary?) says that it means to consider something deeply and thoroughly, to meditate over, to weigh carefully, to consider thoughtfully. Imagine if we, the people who love to write, actually spent more time pondering stuff, you know, like life and love, and....politics..... But wait, we probably all spend too much time on politics these days. *Smile* Or do we....???

Anyway, this is something I posted on Facebook today.

Something to ponder. Look what's happening in Europe. Then remember that they are farther ahead of the USA in secularization. They have beautiful churches and cathedrals that are no longer used for worship. Back in the 90s when I was placing foreign exchange students into homes in FL, I learned that when they called themselves Christian, it actually meant that they weren't atheists. Most had never been inside a church and were quite surprised to learn that family life in the US would mean attending church, Sunday school and youth group. Today, French and German students would find that many Christians in the US have also never been inside a church. How easy it is for evil to take up residence in a country where Christians do not fellowship together nor are they regularly fed the Word of God.

© Copyright 2017 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910781-Something-to-ponder