*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933924-Thoughts-on-Independence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#933924 added May 4, 2018 at 7:38pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on Independence
Istiqlál (Independence), 7 Jamál (Beauty) 175 B.E. - Friday, May 4, 2018

Prayer for Independence

"O my God, my Lord and my Master! I have detached myself from my kindred and have sought through Thee to become independent of all that dwell on earth and ever ready to receive that which is praiseworthy in Thy sight. Bestow on me such good as will make me independent of aught else but Thee, and grant me an ampler share of Thy boundless favors. Verily, Thou art the Lord of grace abounding."
The Bab1

Thoughts on Independence

To be independent of everything except God is the goal of the soul. Independence of all save God is sometimes difficult, especially for someone who is living on a fixed income, and has to depend on the "kindness of strangers". This does not make independence of everything except God impossible, because when I put my worries in the hands of the Almighty, I can move forward without any more worry. I know that the answer to any financial needs will be solved because I will be guided to find a way to receive help with the electric bill or any other unusual expanse. When I have an issue with finances I pray, I meditate, and I follow my intuition. I also have to do it immediately without procrastinating; it is procrastination that usually cause problems.


Facebook Status Update

May the Fourth
be with you!

I've managed four reviews so far today. I hope to get more done, but right now I have to back off on the reviews for a while and work on something else. I have a poem or essay to finish about coral reefs, two poems toe write for "~ The Poet's Place Cafe~, a sonnet, and a short story to write. I'll work on one of those or do some surveys. I'll also pause to say some prayers, which usually refreshes me enough to continue working on something. I accomplished 12 reviews yesterday, and was planning to do between 7 to 9 today.

The Soul2

After the mirror shatters,
the light continues to shine
in the worlds of God.

Poet's Note:

Footnotes
1  Baha’i Prayers, p. 22.
2  Posted in my offsite blog Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933924-Thoughts-on-Independence