*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935244-Friday-Thoughts-Contemplations-Meditations-and-Poems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#935244 added May 25, 2018 at 1:41pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Thoughts: Contemplations, Meditations, and Poems
Istiqlál Independence), 9 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 175 B.E. - Friday, May 25, 2018

"…in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm."
‘Abdu’l-Baha 12

I've always imagined my soul as a butterfly transforming in the chrysalis if matter; however, a butterfly is a physical creature of earth; its transformation a metaphor for the soul of a human being. I don't know what elements from the spiritual realm will compose my spiritual body. I can only hope that some of it is a form of spiritual light. There was a time, before becoming a Baha'i that I had a fear of death. I no longer fear death because I know my soul is eternal. My worry (or perhaps apprehension is a better word) now is to determine what I have made of my life, and how what my actions reveal about the way I've lived. The only thing I can do now is attempt to make each day better, while asking forgiveness for falling short.


Facebook Status Upday

A three day weekend
of remembering, eating,
and Memorial Day sales.

What is it about Memorial Day weekend, that brings to mind thoughts of physical death and what comes after? Or do these thoughts have more to do with growing older? I know that I'm approaching the door leading into the world of the spirit. Perhaps that has something to do with it. When Mom was approach the end of her life, we never discussed this. I know she accepted bodily death as a part of life. I know she looked forward to seeing her parents in the next world. I think that's all she wanted me to know because she lived her life attempting to do the best she could. I think I'm living my life that way; however, I will not know until my soul ascends into the world of the spirit.

The Witness3

Every undivided component
of matter
affords evidence of God

Poet's Note:

Footnotes
1  Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha
2  Quoted on "Counsels and Explanations by 'Abdu'l-Baha -- daily readings" on May 25, 2018 http://counselsandexplanations.blogspot.com/.
3  Posted in my offsite blog Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935244-Friday-Thoughts-Contemplations-Meditations-and-Poems