*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935390-Motivational-Monday-Thoughts-and-Poetry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#935390 added May 28, 2018 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Thoughts and Poetry
Kamál (Perfection), 12 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 175 B.E. - Monday, May 25, 2018
Memorial Day

A good start to the workweek of May 28. I wrote a poem in response to the "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt called "Awed by Universe's Creation. I posted a link on my Facebook page. I haven't responded to the "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt yet, but I'll do that later this morning. That prompt asks about my opinion of Memorial Day, so before I write it I'll do some reviews of Memorial Day items. I'm a little sad right now, and I don't want to cry while I'm writing that entry.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

The sacred books of every religion gives the same advice in different words. They all advise us to put everything in the hands of the Almighty, and to put are request to the Creator either directly or through one of His Manifestations. Sometimes, in the rush of life, we sometimes forget to say a prayer for assistance or thanksgiving. When we forget we encounter problems appear greater then they should because we haven't put our problems in God's hands.

Night1

Black
like humanity's matriarch,
her raven hair braided with precious gems,
her strong arms embrace her frightened children,
as she lulls them to sleep with an ancient lullaby.

Poet's Note:

Footnotes
1  Posted on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935390-Motivational-Monday-Thoughts-and-Poetry