*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978719-The-Walrus-and-the-Carpenter
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2214457
Here I go down a rabbit hole. What will I encounter? What will I write? Viva l'imagination
#978719 added March 21, 2020 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Walrus and the Carpenter
         PROMPT: Study the Poem 'The Walrus and the Carpenter'.Give an interpretation of it. Write a stanza using the same format on any topic. ( rhyme scheme: abcbdb )
         
         I believe the walrus and the carpenter are shysters, con artists, who see themselves as leaders to exploit the gullibility of others. They discover a territory and they set out to change it if at all possible and bamboozle its citizenry.
         They lament that the beach has too much sand and without it "it would be grand!" They discuss options and determine that "seven maids with seven mops" could not clear the sand even if they "swept it for half a year." They then turn their attention to the oysters and find they are most willing to follow the walrus and carpenter. The younger oysters react in a mob mentality, all blindly trusting, hoodwinked by the pair. Their neat and clean appearances seem to demonstrate a naivety to please. They simply agree to accompany the walrus and the carpenter for a "walk", no questions asked.
         Ultimately, this couple devour all of the oysters. The innocents never attempted to flee because they did not sense danger. They assumed they would simply "chat." "And all the little Oysters stood and waited in a row." The cunning walrus and carpenter satisfied their own greed. They cared nothing for their victims. With no more resources to plunder, they will wander off in search of more for their appetites.
         
         
         
         
         Social distancing's a new trend
         in answer to a bug,
         COVID-19, viral stalker.
         No to kiss, handshake, hug.
         Self-isolate, stay strong, be calm.
         This blight is not so smug.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978719-The-Walrus-and-the-Carpenter