*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980450-Look-At-What-We-Have
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#980450 added April 7, 2020 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
Look At What We Have
It's Tuesday and it's gonna be a lot like Monday WET! Stay inside kind of day, and that makes for cabin fever. It doesn't bother me so much but my wife is having a hard time handling it.

She doesn't like to sit for prolonged periods of time, and if she does she prefers to sit outside. She is the architect of our yard and enjoys spending time working on pruning, fertilizing, weeding and mowing.

We live in the High Desert, operative word is Desert. Due to Southern Californias on and off again drought situation, we are required to watch our water usage. Several years ago we had to ration our water.

Our front yard is dirt with various plants strategically placed along the perimeter of the house and wall that forms a patio. We have 3 medium sized pine trees out front. We've also place 3 of my yard art creations that are circular saw blades made into birds. On the south side of our driveway we had an additional driveway poured to make it a somewhat Circular drive. South of that is crushed rock and along the border 4 twisted junipers.

Our back yard has mostly crushed rock except for 9 cypress that are placed along the back fence. We have 1 large fruitless mulberry tree and a circular patch of grass that is 34 feet in diameter. We have a picnic table and 4 benches I made with left over steel from our previous home. On our covered patio we have two 2x2 tables and 4 2 foot benches (that I made), along with store bought patio chairs. We also have a plethora of yard art, some I made and some bought.

I like to give my wife a bad time by telling her a I want a sit down mower to cut the grass. She just smiles and says "in your dreams"!

I have seven water valves to cover all of the plants. In my younger years I put in all of our irrigation needs when we moved (with the help of my wife). When you get older you can't do what you did before, so I paid to have it done. He did a good job and at least my wife isn't trying to water all this by hand.

We just need sunshine and comfortable temps to enjoy our Shangri La

Life Is Good - God Bless


© Copyright 2020 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980450-Look-At-What-We-Have