*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982571-Claire
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2220524
My first attempt at something like this so it should be an interesting ride.
#982571 added May 2, 2020 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Claire
Blog Prompt
What one fictional character would most like to meet and talk to? Why? What would you like to ask?


One of my favourite fictional characters is Claire Beauchamp in the Outlander series of books. She is smart, attractive, feisty and she drinks whisky!

Is it possible to have a crush on a character in a book? I believe that there is now a tv series on Starz. I am scared to watch because I know that the character in my head and the character on screen will not be the same person. Which will probably leave me disappointed.

If you don’t know the premise of the books; Claire travels in time from the 1940’s to the 1740’s. Not deliberately!
The idea of time travel always interests me. The idea of going back in time causes so many rabbit holes to disappear down.

I would love to have a “time travel” conversation with Claire and go over how her time in the past can change, or not change, the future. There are some parts in the books when the time travel vortex can be a mind bender but that is why I like them so much.

I found the books by accident. A few years ago, I was on a three-week hiking trip in Washington. I had finished the book that I had with me and was looking for another read. I arrived at a small camping hut in the mountains and on a dusty shelf another hiker had left a tatty old book for anyone who wanted it. That turned out to be the first book in the Outlander series and the more I read about Claire the more I fell into her world.

Yes, I would like to share a bottle of whisky with Claire.


© Copyright 2020 Toffeeman1957 (UN: toffeeman1957 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Toffeeman1957 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982571-Claire