*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2301465
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 23, 2011 at 2:48am
Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers
Nice to meet you too, Finn. I'm writing a jane austen fanfic for my upcoming nanowrimo. Lots of sea voyages, battles and romance. I'm still plotting it, but then that is what the class will hopefully help me with! I guess you'll be one of my three new friends in the class too!

As for Star Trek:

I helped produce a play featuring Walter Koenig (Chekov) and Mark Lenard (Sarek, Spock's father) at my college. I got to know both of them during many pre-production meetings. Both of them are nice people. I was very sad when Mr. Lenard died. Mr. Koenig's health is not the greatest either these days.

William Shatner was directing his new documentary about four feet in front of me this past August in Las Vegas. I didn't speak with him though. Too many people and security. Just an observer.

I've chatted with Grace Lee Whitney who played Yeoman Rand on more than one occasion. She does interesting things with her hair these days.

Arlene Martel who played T'Pring (Spock's wife in Amok Time) once bargained with me for a pair of earrings, but in the end it was no deal.

Brent Spiner once taped me on the shoulder and asked me politely to move over so he could get a cup of coffee at the coffee truck. I didn't know it was him until I turned around. Nice guy. I didn't pester him. The man deserves to get a cup of joe in peace.

I chatted with the actress that played Worf's klingon wife...and I think she was a Q in Voyager too. Nice potter as well as actress. I took a message for her.

I spoke with the actor that played Odo on DS9, and I had no idea who he was. Afterward, people face palmed around me because of that. LOL

Anyway, like I said, I meet them only in passing, but I find them to be interesting people. Generally, I keep my distance and see them in panels like everyone else.

A Chapter from my novel: And Along Came Alice
"Invalid Entry

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-22-11 4:41pm
by bertiebrite hoping for peace
Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 12:30am
by Uncommonspirit
Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 1:03am
by Finn O'Flaherty
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 2:48am
by Uncommonspirit
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 7:44am
by Finn O'Flaherty
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 12:42pm
by Uncommonspirit
Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 4:15am
by bertiebrite hoping for peace
Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 8:36am
by Finn O'Flaherty
Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 12:45pm
by Uncommonspirit

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2301465