*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Leave the village
  2. Every house is gone
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1344938-Matters-Best-Forgotten/cid/461844-Leave-the-village
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1344938
adventures in a fantasy setup.
This choice: Leave the village  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Leave the village

    by: the last cicada
Leanna put her arms around Coona's heaving shoulders as gently as she could and cried with her friend.

Beth and Solaris screamed and called for their loved ones too and failing to get an answer, they quickly built a shrine.

"What are you doing?" Leanna demanded. She had an inkling of what they were up to.

"My family is gone now," Beth said.

"And so is mine," Solaris said.

"It's time to bury the dead and move on."

Leanna was still in shock. "How can you be sure?" she asked. "Where is the proof?"

"Don't you see, there's nobody here except us," Beth said as she pointed at nothing.

"There may be others. We were lost in the woods until morning. Don't you think we should let them return before lighting a fire for them." To make the shrine holy, the builders would have to leave the site once the pyre was lit. Leanna was mortified that she would have to leave so soon.

"You don't have to be a part of this," Beth explained. "If you want to stay, we won't stop you."

Leanna gazed at Coona's huddled frame on the floor. If Beth and Solaris left together, Coona would want to go as well. 'Would Coona wait with her if given the chance?'

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Build the shrine with Beth and Solaris

*Noteb*
2. Prepare a separate shrine

3. Another point of view

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 the last cicada (UN: deadbluesea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
the last cicada has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1344938-Matters-Best-Forgotten/cid/461844-Leave-the-village