*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/1395334-Revelation-of-the-Goddess
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1832525
A child discovers that they have seemingly infinite power.
This choice: Teenage Gal  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Revelation of the Goddess

    by: Unknown
Amanda Brown. At least, that's what you called yourself for now. If you ever tired of it you could just change it.

You knew how it had happened. At the moment your father's sperm entered your mother's ovum, a stray cosmic ray had altered something, and you'd been aware of your own existence. Almost immediately after you'd been aware that, in fact, it wasn't just your existence of which you were aware, but rather everything. From the moment of your conception you'd been omnipotent.

You knew, for instance, that the cosmic ray had been no accident. You'd created yourself; in fact, you'd created the universe. And you were aware of other universes, infinitely many, all of which you'd created and could manipulate in any way with a mere thought.

Even as a clump of cells that had existed for only a few seconds it had been laughably easy to reach back in time and make sure the cosmic ray intersected your initial genetic material at the precise moment. You'd never found anything else to be any harder--which is to say, everything you'd ever done had been utterly, completely effortless.

Growing up you had never let anyone know about your abilities. Well, you had, but you had always erased their memories and reversed the changes, or changed the reality everyone else perceived to make it so that the change you had made was normal. For instance, when you were eight, you'd changed the classroom bully into a girl so that he could see what it was like, but the new girl was a genuinely better person, and so as far as everyone else knew, Karl Young had always been Carla Young.

You'd also read and watched as much science fiction and fantasy as you could get your hands on. You enjoyed the stories, but even more you enjoyed simply appearing in them and messing around however you wanted. It was amazing how the appearance of a truly omnipotent being could change a story. Even in stories that had omnipotent beings you were still more powerful, of course.

Today was special, though. Today was the first day of your last year of high school. You'd decided to go through school like a normal human child, though you didn't care to limit yourself. If there was one thing you loved about omnipotence more than other things, it was the omnipresence. As Amanda Brown you were a nerd, but you were also enrolled under various other names and were always in multiple bodies, or rather physically manifesting yourself in multiple forms in multiple places. You'd been on every school sports team since you got there, and on the cheerleading team. In that whole time the school had never lost an athletic competition. They'd never even come close to losing. Even the cheerleading team had won every competition it entered. Those other bodies were children of other parents, but they were all manifestations of you.

But as Amanda you were the school's academic star. And as Amanda, you had only two friends: Karen Carter and Ashley Durham.

Karen and Ashley were nerds, same as you, and were it not for you, would have been the school's best students. You had taken them on some wild adventures before, but never allowed them to remember. Today you would reveal your omnipotence to them, and they would remember.

The three of you had lockers near each other, and when you were all there, chatting, you nonchalantly froze time.

"Whoa," said Karen. "What just happened?"

"It's like they're frozen somehow," said Ashley. "This... this is incredible."

"Not so incredible when you're dealing with an omnipotent being," you said.

"Wait, what?" said Ashley.

"I'm omnipotent. Always have been, always will be."

"How come you never told us this before?" asked Karen.

"Oh, I have. But I also knew that you weren't ready to remember it. Now you are. There's really only one rule: you can't tell anyone else. But there's no need to remember the rule. You literally can't tell anyone else."

"How do you mean, we can't?"

"You can't. You're physically incapable of it."

"You changed us to do this? You just used your powers on us without even asking?"

"Oh, come on. I just don't want people knowing my secret unless I want them to know. And I knew that if I hadn't done this, you would--eventually--have blabbed. It's just too big for anyone to sit on."

"I guess you're right," said Karen, "but you should have trusted us. I mean, if we had told, you could have just changed things so that we hadn't, right?"

"Yeah, I could have, but I chose to forestall it. Anyway, you've got an omnipotent being as a friend, and for myself, I just want to have fun with my friends."

"What sort of fun are we talking here, Amanda?" asked Ashley.

"Any fun you want. It's not like anything I do is permanent. If we screw up somehow I can always change it back. Or we could deliberately mess things up."

"What do you mean by 'deliberately mess things up'?" asked Karen.

"Ever wondered what a galaxy tastes like?"

"No, not really, but now that you mention it..." Karen trailed off. You knew she had a secret dream of being a dominant giantess but that she'd never thought of being that big.

"Personally I'd want to pull pranks on people, you know, make them nude at embarrassing moments, change their bodies in grotesque ways, stuff like that," said Ashley.

"We can do that and so much more," you said. "But I think the first thing we should do is have bodies that reflect our new status--I've only had this one since society expects that beautiful girls wouldn't be nerds like us. But now I'm going to make myself smoking hot, and I'm willing to do the same for you. I could even give you a number of different forms and let you switch between them as you want."

Karen and Ashley looked at each other, shrugged, smiled, and started talking over each other.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/1395334-Revelation-of-the-Goddess