*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Young Boy
  2. You, yourself, are the Godchild
  3. Who are ya?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/2133123-Young-Boy
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1832525
A child discovers that they have seemingly infinite power.
This choice: Young Boy  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Young Boy

    by: scriptboy
Two young boys walked in the small convenience store located within a residential area of town. The boys were both eight years old and they were in the third grade while attending the same school and the same class together. It was Friday afternoon, just after 6 o’clock, and the boys strolled in from their house, which was only two blocks from the store. Everything seemed normal to them, however, one boy would gain the powers of a god that day and become omnipotent!

In fact, the boy already had the powers. He just couldn’t use them, until now, because they were dormant. This was the day the powers were awakened.

Kai Wen and Rishon Kadam strolled into the store, hoping to get some delicious candy after a long day of boring classes at school and a grueling practice session on the soccer field behind the church down the street. Both boys wear still wearing their uniforms and soccer cleats as they wandered around the candy aisle.

Rishon’s parents were from Southern India and moved to Florida about ten years ago. Rishon was born in a Miami hospital and he pretty much grew up as a typical American kid, even though he had chocolate brown skin and jet black, straight hair with deep brown eyes. He was slender but athletic since he was always chasing a soccer ball or trying to hit a tennis ball somewhere. The boy was about 4-foot-8 inches tall and he was always wearing shorts with tennis shoes or soccer cleats.

The story was the same for Kai except for the fact that his parents were originally from Hong Kong. Kai was also born in Miami where his dad ran a small restaurant in a strip mall close to the beach. Kai would occasionally help on weekends when he was not playing soccer with Rishon. Kai was athletic as well, standing 4-foot-6 inches tall with black hair and blue eyes.

“Gosh, darn it! I can’t reach the top shelf!” Kai grumbled as he stood on his toes with his arm extended all the way while he tried his best to grab a box of candy from the shelf which was just slightly out of reach. “Urrhhh!!”

“Man! You need to grow another three inches, dude!” Rishon chuckled, as he looked on at his Chinese friend. “You’re too short!”

Something weird happened. Kai suddenly felt a weird prickling sensation is his short legs, from his calves all the way up to his quads. Then, within a few seconds, it seemed as if the top shelf had come closer… Or did he just become taller?

“There! I got it!” Kai grinned, as he grabbed the box from the shelf. He stood back on his feet and turned to face his Indian pal. “It’s only two bucks! We can buy this!”

“Good deal… But… You’re taller than me now!” Rishon noted.

Suddenly, Kai was an inch taller than Rishon! What happened?

“Wha? What’s going on here?” the Chinese boy wondered as he looked around. “You SHRUNK!”

“Come on! People don’t shrink, dude! You just got a few inches taller!” Rishon shrugged.

“I could have sworn you were a few inches taller than me a minute ago?” Kai pondered. “That’s weird!”

“Well, let’s pay for this so we can walk back to my house!” Rishon suggested.

The boys walked up to the cashier and paid for the candy. Then they strolled back to Rishon’s house, which was right next to Kai’s place. They didn’t think much of Kai’s sudden growth spurt, until the next occasion came up where Rishon would use his amazing powers as the new GodChild…
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/2133123-Young-Boy