*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. An unexpected feature
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1970537-Magical-Microsoft-Word/cid/2527078-An-unexpected-feature
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1970537
Whatever you type becomes reality.
Chapter #1

An unexpected feature

    by: Tranciagozzo
"OK, time to see if this was a scam" you say, plopping on your spinny chair in front of your computer.
Catching your reflex in the blackness of the screen, you can only admire how much your name is fitting: you really look like a Calvin. You know, you look one of those guys that when they walk down the street, everybody says: "Wow, look at that guy. I bet his name is Calvin". Probably you're the best Calvin that ever Calvin'd, whatever that means.
All the time passed wondering all those silly thoughts gave enough time to your computer to boot, so you insert the USB you got at the flea market and run the setup.exe .
Several things seemed wrong with that: the setup didn't ask for an activation key, the Office packet contained only Word, the USB drive was unbranded and usually Office didn't came on USBs, at least not on crocodile shaped ones. I hope it's not a cracked copy, you mumble, your imagination already producing a faint sound of distant sirens.

The installation terminated smoothly, and the program started.
You were surprised tough when on the screen a toony paperclip appeared.
"Clippy?!" You uttered " What are you doing on this version? You are a removed feature. "
Just as it heard you, a speech balloon popped up, saying "Seems like you're confused by my presence. I'm here to show you the functionality of this special copy of Word. A special truth-check option is enabled, if you write something false, the program will make that true instead.
You can change the behaviour so that it simply corrects the sentence instead. But that would not be much interesting, would it?"
As son as you finished reading it, Clippy winked at you. "What the heck?" You shouted, almost falling from the chair.
Could it be true? There was only one way to find out, so after being stumped on what to write for a solid three minutes you think "Ah, screw it" and to test it you wrote something untrue about...

You have the following choices:

1. You

2. Another person

3. People

4. Animal(s)

5. More options

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Tranciagozzo (UN: malabrace89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wandering Mind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1970537-Magical-Microsoft-Word/cid/2527078-An-unexpected-feature