*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The grumpy punk employee
  2. Female
  3. Gender
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1984072-Shrunk-at-Walmart/cid/2134661-The-grumpy-punk-employee
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1984072
You shrink while shopping at Walmart! Survive!
This choice: The grumpy punk employee  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The grumpy punk employee

    by: unkown7
As much as it scares you, you've decided upon the punk employee. While she is in a bad mood, she's also the lowest to the ground. While she's crouched down like that she could spot you the easiest. Plus, she's still an on duty employee. Even if she's grouchy she couldn't take it out on you. Right?

So you take off as fast as you could. Even though she was only an aisle away, that distance spans miles to your new stature. You were on the track team for years, so making that distance wouldn't be too difficult. But time is also against you. When the employee is finished stocking she would start moving again, making this exhausting journey of about fifteen feet all for nothing.

Sweaty and panting, you finally reached this Goddess of Walmart. While catching your breath you decide to get a better look at this woman. You were right on most parts. She did seem to be in her early twenties, and you notice another piercing, but this one on her ear. On her nearly absent chest read the name-tag "Anna." She was wearing a standard work shirt and tight, black pants. There was an open bag of skittles near her that she took a handful of every now and then.

With your heart rate down you stopped breathing through your mouth and used your nose. Then it hit you. The intense smell of feet. You were standing close to her flats and exposed soles to the point you could see the sweat shimmering on her heels. At normal size, you would probably complain about a faint odor. But at the size of an ant...it was incredibly strong. It was like someone had put their feet directly on your face, and you were still a good fifty (to you) feet away! It was practically overwhelming...and a little intoxicating. The smell of sweat was mixing with the leather of her shoes and a hint of soap made a confusing aroma that you weren't sure you hated or loved.

"Ugh...I need a break..." the monolith grumbled. The sound snapped you out of the trance you didn't even know you were in. If you were going to make contact with her, it had to be now. But...How?

You never thought about that on your way over, so now you need to figure the hard part out. The simplest way would be to run in front of her and trying to get her attention. Of course that would leave the possibility that she may not even see you. Or mistake you for a bug and crush you.

Another option was to wait by the skittles bag. She still had about half the bag left, so if you were to stand at the opening she would have to see you during her next handful. Although that might lead to her eating you if she doesn't notice you. The thought of getting ground up between her teeth passed through your mind and terrified you.

The last option...you don't quite want to think about it. You were right next to her well worn shoes, so you could easily limb inside and make contact with her feet. However, that would put you in ground zero from her confusing foot smell. And you'd likely get soaked by her foot sweat. Not to mention that if she doesn't feel it, that'd be it for you. Snuffed out under the foot of a Walmart employee's flats.

You have the following choices:

1. Yell and jump around

2. Wait by the skittles

3. Go into the shoes

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 unkown7 (UN: kokobeen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bigrich has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1984072-Shrunk-at-Walmart/cid/2134661-The-grumpy-punk-employee