|24 Hour Writing Challenge! |
I am Sick and Tired of reading stories about Werewolves that have people who go Savage upon turning into one, and seeing everyone else as lambchops! Seriously? What is up with that?
Therefore, I have a challenge for you guys - write me a story about a werewolf that DOESN'T go savage upon transforming into one. Instead, let's make it look like someone turning into a werewolf is just your Typical Tuesday, with everyone else going "Nothing new here."
Here's some of the things that could happen:
1. Initial Freak-out - upon initially freaking out, the new werewolf, and the crowd, react with surprise, before shrugging their shoulders, and moving on, with the werewolf going to a clothing store to get some new pants and a shirt.
2. Registration - Upon finding out that they are a werewolf, they go to a government-type building, like a DMV-kinda place, where they are to register as a werewolf. Also, they might not be the only one in line, which might be long.
3. Job Interview/Heading to Work - Upon transforming while heading to the job, the werewolf has to explain to HR or whomever the issue, and then they need new clothes, they head to the job, hoping that those there got things set up for them.
4. Out to Dinner - Person was going out for a date when they transformed. Now they might need to change the venue, especially if they were originally heading to a Vegan-type place. Things might be even more fun if they are of a religion that forbids eating certain kinds of meat, like those who are Jewish or Muslim and their thing against pork, only to find that the only meat available in sufficient quantity for their new body is that kind of meat. Oh, and don't forget their date's reaction - to finding out that the location has changed!
5. Some other Mundane Situation - Basically, just make the situation as mundane as possible, where turning into a werewolf is just described as Typical Tuesday.