*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154134-How-to-be-happy
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Self Help · #1154134
What I've learned, so far, on how to be happy
How to be happy
by: new_writer26


I have learned, from experience, several ways to be happy. One or several tips may help one person but not the other. Take whatever tip(s) you think you can do and "run with it".

Do you have an unresolved issue and it is festering in your body? Do you almost feel like you are going to "burst"? You MUST express yourself if you are to feel happy and at ease with yourself. Express your problem or situation with someone.
It will feel as if a heavy weight has been lifted off your body. If you don't feel comfortable confronting the person, try writing about it in a journal. Writing will help sort out your feelings and may encourage you to talk to the person about your situation.

Another thing that will make you happier is the way you eat. By eating healthier, you will feel better. Eat more fruit, veggies, whole grains, the like. I have been eating so much more healthy lately and I feel SO much better. Along with eating healthier, drink more water. I know, I know. You probably heard this from your mother but she was right in suggesting it. Water helps flush all of the toxins out of your body and, thus, makes you feel better. The experts say 64 oz a day. You can also build up to 64 oz by drinking water in a thermos with the oz.s marked.

Another aspect in the happy situation is movies. Movies take you away you from your day to day lives. When considering what movie to see, see a comedy. Comedies make you laugh and laughing releases endorphins. Endorphins make you feel better. When you see a comedy with family or friends, you will feel extra good. You will see that you share that "feel good" feeling with people you love.

Another key to happiness is when you truly understand your religion. If you don't have a religion, find one. Experts say people who have a set religion live longer and are generally happier. Rely and follow your beliefs

The last way to be happy is very hard for many people. (This idea is from the book "Power of Positive Thinking") Just think positive. Some people think negatively: "I am tired and I think a cold is coming".
Instead, think: "I am feeling great. It's great to be alive! I haven't felt this good in years!".
Changing your thoughts, from negative to positive, is not easy but the rewards are SO worth it.

Being happy gives life more life . Being happy makes life better.
© Copyright 2006 new_writer26 (nice_woman26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154134-How-to-be-happy