*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243564-Max-Working-Title
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Horror/Scary · #1243564
A boy encounters strange things while using a Ouija Board (based on loose facts)
Author's Note

For those of you who don't know, an Oracle is a plastic piece, roughly triangular in shape, that comes with the Ouija Board so that the spirit(s) using it can spell out their message. It usually is made with glow-in-the-dark plastic (for theatrical effects I imagine) and in the middle is a circular piece of clear plastic, with a plastic "needle" pointing down for precision.

Thank you for your time.

J.C.



He waited. Alone in the house, surrounded by candles that pierced the darkness immediately surrounding him, he asked again.

"Is anyone here?"

The plastic Oracle moved to "yes". He sighed in relief.

"Finally. Took ya long enough."

The Oracle moved again.

FUCK U

"Oh, come on! I'm just kidding!"

I NO

He laughed.

"What's your name?"

MAX

"So what've you been up to?"

NOTHING MUCH

"Yeah. Same here."

He looked around, pondering where the visitor might be and what to ask next.

"So when did you die?"

A LONG TIME AGO

"Hmm. About how far back?"

The Oracle moved to the space between "yes" and "no", which meant "maybe", "I don't know" or "I can't say".

"You don't remember?"

NO

"That's weird."

They talked for hours, the visitor and he. Eventually he asked, "What's Heaven like?"

The Oracle moved between "yes" and "no".

"What? You mean you don't know?"

NO

"You haven't been there?"

NO

"Why not?"

DONT SERVE GOD

He frowned. "Are you evil?"

The Oracle paused. The silence in the house was terribly complete. Each second that passed seemed eternal.

YES

"WHAT?!" he cried.

He quickly moved the Oracle to "GOODBYE" jumped up from his seat. At the door, ready to run, he turned back.

The Oracle was moving itself.

IM COMING FOR U

His whole body trembled.

"No..."

GONNA DIE

"NO!!!"

He ran through the bedroom door into the hallway. His hand shot out for the light switch.

Click. Nothing.

Frantically he struggled with the light. Not ready to admit failiure, he ran through the little house, flipping every switch. Nothing worked.

"No..." he groaned helplessly. Tears fell down his face. His knees gave out. As the floor rushed up to meet him, the door to his bedroom closed.

"NO!!!"

He scrambled up, moving as fast as he could for the front door, not far away.

He looked back one last time as he fiddled with the doorknob. A black mass, roughly human in shape, had appeared behind him. Two glowing red eyes glowered at him, full of such hatred and malice that his body expelled all waste. A searing pain shot up and down his left arm.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

But the scream didn't last long. When they found him in the morning, his hands were clasping the doorknobs still, his mouth and eyes still wide in a silent scream. Yet no one knows what would cause a normal, healthy boy to have a heart atttack.
© Copyright 2007 Jason Clayton (kiddo11290 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243564-Max-Working-Title