*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490950-Standing-On-The-Platform-For-Change
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Political · #1490950
Written as a tribute and dedication.
                                                        "Standing On The Platform For Change"

"Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can forsee the future, too." *

While we observe others around us in our day-to-day routine, there are people who stand out to impress upon us their apparent strengths. Whether these strengths are physical, emotional, religious or intellectual, the desire to attain their ability is to want to create a change within ourselves. We admire their personal traits and moral character. They inspire us to be a better person, be more creative - be more like them. There's no other way to say it - there's just something special about them.

One example of someone we might admire would be the hero of a story. For whatever reason, we are impressed by the life they lead. The personal sacrafice they make of themself to save someone in a dangerous situation might be a good reason to admire their character. Above all else, they consider the other persons' safety before their own. True military heros live their lives in this manner. Questions you could ask yourself - Would I be willing to do that? Could I die to save another persons life? The real answer, if you're truthful, might surprise you.

It is unfortunate that many true heros have done just that - sacraficed their lives. History will claim the lives of great people who went to battle, never to return home. They gave themself in service of their country with expectation of being able to make a difference - standing on the platform for change. We honor their courage and remember their life before and after their death. "Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh." *

The point of this writing is simple enough to say that if we really want change we must be willing to change. Standing on the platform for change is not doing anything until we set in motion a change to strive for. To attain a goal, to succeed in making it work. There is a starting point - going from somewhere or something to another place or something else. Not everyone wants to adjust their lifestyle or way of life. Change can be uncomfortable because there is uncertainty. People are creatures of habit, good and bad. The saying - "don't rock the boat" is effective enough to understand. The daily balance of our routine is something we create and we are familiar with. When things begin to change around us, our stress level increases in an effort to adjust. Some fight against change because of fear. Fear of the unknown, what happens next?

As a final thought, we must learn how to grow intellectually with knowledge and evolve by understanding past mistakes in order to embrace change. However we must not let change happen to us, we must make it happen to work for us, not against us. So here I am, "standing on the platform for change", in an effort to offer my support to work together and help each other make those changes that are important to us...one heart at a time.

Peace always, Chatabit
11/17/08


*Marcus Aurelius ~ Philosophy, Roman Emperor, 121 A.D.  - 180 A.D.

                                                          CHANGE: (inevitable and desirable)

"Observe constantly that all things take place by change, and accustom thyself to consider that the nature of the Universe loves nothing so much as to change the things which are, and to make new things like them." ~
Marcus Aurelius: Meditations IV

"We shrink from change; yet is there anything that can come into being without it?" ~ Marcus Aurelius: Meditations

                                            This is written as a tribute and dedication to: "Altaire Aurelius".
                                                                                  Thank you!
© Copyright 2008 chatabit (chatabit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490950-Standing-On-The-Platform-For-Change