*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568840-Bloody-Money-Part-II
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Crime/Gangster · #1568840
Part II of my script, starts focusing more on the FBI agents and their investigation.
CUT TO:

INT. - PATROL CAR - DAY

DANNY
Okay, we definitely need to get out of here now.

WYATT
You stupid son of a bitch! Now that guy knows my name!

DANNY
I know, I know, I know. Fuck! How could I be so stupid?

WYATT
I ask myself that every day, Dan.

DANNY
Shut up, Wyatt! This isn’t my fault!

WYATT
How!? You said my name, Danny! My name! Do you know how easy it’s going to be for that guy to find me when he goes back to his headquarters? All he has to do now is hop on his little FBI database and search for police officers in our town with the name ‘Wyatt’. Do you know how many officers on our force have the name ’Wyatt’? One!

DANNY
Hey, calm down! It isn’t like I did this on purpose.

WYATT
I’m sorry, man. I’m just kind of scared that’s all. It’s not like I meant for him to see me that day at the park, but I didn’t think he would remember what I looked like! He only saw me for two seconds and then I was gone! How does someone do that? How? That was months ago!

DANNY
I don’t know, Wyatt, okay? Let’s just get out of here. We’re wasting time. Every moment we sit here arguing is one less moment we have to get the hell away from..him..

WYATT
Yeah, you’re right. Let’s go.

Wyatt starts the car, and they pull onto the road and begin to drive off. A few seconds later, they swerve out of the way of a smoldering piece of debris lying in the middle of the road.

CUT TO:

EXT. - RUINED MOTEL - DAY

Stanley watches them with a stern face as they drive away.
Finally he breaks his gaze and looks around the area, observing the other five agents ushering the remaining officers and firemen away.

Chief West approaches Derrick. His head is down, his arms crossed behind his back.

CHIEF WEST
Come on, Officer Parker.

DERRICK
Sir?

CHIEF WEST
Let’s go, boy.

DERRICK
Why? We still have work to do here!

CHIEF WEST
I’m afraid not. As far as we’re concerned, we don’t even know about this.

DERRICK
But this is our crime scene! It’s in our town-

CHIEF WEST
Which is in their country, Derrick. When the FBI orders you to do something, you damn well better make sure you do it exactly the way they tell you too. And what they’re telling us to do right now is to leave the area and not speak of what happened here. Not to the press, not to our families, our friends, each other. No one.

DERRICK
But this is ridiculous! How do they expect to make sure nobody finds out about this? We’re less than 60 miles away from the capital of our nation for God’s sake!

CHIEF WEST
And the fact that we have no idea who did this, why they did it, where they went after they did it, and everything else that matters, is what makes it so troubling, Derrick. And all the more reason for me to stay out of it. I don’t want to get tangled up in national affairs, and neither should you.

DERRICK
But sir, it’s insane! Someone is going to see!

CHIEF WEST
What I don’t see myself though, Officer Parker, is why you can see how somebody would. No air routes go over this area, none, not ever. Traffic is next to nothing at best and now there are roadblocks and armed guards two miles in every direction, and who knows what other kind of measures they have taken. Nobody is going to know about this until they want them too.

Chief West is looking at something, Derrick averts his attention in the direction of it to see what it is. He’s looking at Stanley, who is saying something to an agent as he walks by.

The agent looks in their direction and then back at Stanley. Stanley nods. The agent begins walking towards them.

DERRICK
(under his breath)
We’ll know..

The agent gets closer, and his features start becoming visible. He has short, wavy brown hair, and stands at around five feet seven inches.

As he stops before West and Derrick, he greets the officers and introduces himself.

FEDERAL AGENT #2
Morning officers.

CHIEF WEST
A good morning to you, sir.

West looks at Derrick, who is staring at the ground. He elbows him lightly.

DERRICK
Mmhmm..

West looks up at the agent.

CHIEF WEST
You’ll have to excuse Officer Parker, he isn’t feeling well. Alexander West, what can I do for you?

FEDERAL AGENT #2
Agent Tanner Brown. You can leave immediately as this is a crime scene at which you aren’t authorized to be. And as Agent Kane told me he already instructed you to leave the premises at once and you’re still here, I suggest you get out of here before he gets upset.

CHIEF WEST
Of course, Mr. Brown. My colleague and I were just on our way out, so-

TANNER
Agent.

West stops mid-sentence, a slightly puzzled look on his face.

CHIEF WEST
Excuse me?

TANNER
It’s Agent Brown, not Mr.

CHIEF WEST
Ah, yes. Agent. Well, AGENT Brown, like I said, we were just on our way out.

TANNER
I thought so.

Chief West nods and starts to walk off, Derrick lingers behind for a moment glaring at Tanner.

West stops in his tracks and looks over his shoulder.

CHIEF WEST
Officer, I think you should come with me. Right now.

Derrick continues to glare at Tanner, who smiles back at him.

DERRICK
Coming, chief.

As Derrick follows Chief West, he looks back around at agent Brown, still looking at him, still smiling. Tanner waves goodbye at Derrick, who scoffs and continues to walk away.

Tanner watches Derrick for a moment longer, and then turns around and nods at Stanley, who nods in return.

Tanner begins to stride back over towards where Stanley is.
The last remaining Officers and Firemen get in to their respective vehicles and leave the area as told.

Tanner makes it about halfway to Stanley when another FBI agent stops him.

FEDERAL AGENT #3
Agent Brown, we found a body. We think it’s the one.

Tanner suddenly looks more alert then before. He looks at Stanley and motions for him to ‘follow me’.

Tanner follows the agent, followed closely by Stanley.
They come to a stop before a pile of smoking debris, some of which had been moved aside, revealing what was a horribly burned and disfigured, but unmistakably human leg.

Stanley covers his mouth and nose with his arm as soon as they get near it.

STANLEY
Jesus, what the hell!

Four of the six federal agents are now gathered around looking at the leg poking out from under the wreckage. All of them are using something to cover their mouths/noses.

TANNER
Who found this?

The federal agent on the second to the right raises his hand and steps forward.

FEDERAL AGENT #4
That’d be me, Agent Brown.

TANNER
Agent Russell, isn’t it?

FEDERAL AGENT #4
No sir, I’m Agent Jacob Montana.

TANNER
Oh. Which one of you is Agent Russell?

Tanner looks back and forth between the agents, waiting for an answer, but none comes.

STANLEY
Agent Russell is dead, Tanner.

Tanner looks at Stanley with surprise.

TANNER
No shit? How? When?

STANLEY
Was shot during a raid two weeks ago, bled to death before they got him to the hospital.

TANNER
I’ll be. How come I didn’t know about this?

STANLEY
Seriously? You were there when it happened! You’re the one that made sure the guy that shot him didn’t escape! You even read the eulogy at his funeral three days ago!

TANNER
THAT was Agent Russell!? Huh..

Tanner looks back at Jacob, who has a confused, slightly amused expression on his face. Tanner doesn’t see it, but behind him Stanley shakes his head.

TANNER (CON’D)
So you found this did you? How?

JACOB
By accident, sir. Smelled something that didn’t quite remind me of pinewood and went diggin’ around. (Jacob raises his hands, which have black marks from the charred wood all over them) I found..(Jacob nods at the leg) that.

TANNER
I see. Good work, Agent Montana. When all else fails, follow your nose. I like it. Agent Kane, I suggest you call the boys down here to come pick this guy up and bring him in for autopsy, he might be our man. And something tells me it wasn’t the fire that killed him. The other agents and I will continue examining the area for possible evidence.

Stanley takes out a cell phone from his pocket, flips it open, and starts dialing all in one fluid motion.

STANLEY
I’m on it. Make sure you don’t contaminate anything you do find.

TANNER
I’ve been an agent just as long as you, Stan. I know.

STANLEY
I was talking..(gestures towards the rest of the agents) to the grubs. Yes? Hello? Hi, this is Agent Kane, I’m calling..(voice fades out as he walks off)

Tanner addresses the group of agents all at once.

TANNER
What the hell are you guys waiting for? Let’s move!

The agents, including Jacob, scramble immediately and begin poking around for signs of..anything.
© Copyright 2009 Darbonne (darbonne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568840-Bloody-Money-Part-II