*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589941-One-Person-Can-Make-A-Difference
by srx17
Rated: E · Preface · Mystery · #1589941
Peace was all she wanted. The truth was to come, and it did hurt.
Why do we have to live in a world full of hatred? Where there are so many selfish, self-centred and self-absorbed people? Some people go to drastic measures just to get what they want. Being held at gun point, strangled and having a knife held to your throat. What has this world come to? And why is it that some people have to judge you before they even know you? Is it because they were a victim once in their life?

All I ever wanted was a life. To be someone, to be loved and to be respected. But I had nothing. Well... I was clothed and sheltered, I respected that. But they never fed me, I had to sneak out to actually get some food, then I would get caught, and would then be punished. I had to live with it. No one really cared for me. I had to live with it. But one day I stood up for myself, for everyone. I thought I would regret it, but I didn’t. It made me someone, people loved me and people respected me.

But hey, people say the truth really does hurt when it comes out.
© Copyright 2009 srx17 (srx17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589941-One-Person-Can-Make-A-Difference