*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591428-I-Always-Wanted-a-Purple-Car
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1591428
Be careful what you wish for, you may get it
Prompt: Imagine that you go out in the morning to drive to work and discover that your car has changed colors. It’s your license plate on the front and back of the car. There’s your coat on the back seat. The floor pads are yours; that spot on the seat cover where you spilled something still remains, but the car is a different color. What do you do? What do you think?

Word Count: 304

I always wanted a purple car. When I was younger, I didn’t have the patience to wait for a special order. After I turned 55, I never bought my own cars. When my cars broke down and couldn’t be fix or cost too much for me to fix it one my friends would take piety on me and buy me a used car. Therefore, I didn’t have a choice of color.

When I looked out of my house, through my living room window, Saturday morning and saw a purple 2000 Kia Sephia parked in my driveway, I couldn’t utter a word. The Kia set in the exact spot I parked my silver bird doo-doo covered Kia Sephia Friday evening, except it wasn’t covered with bird doo-doo and it was purple. The front license plate read POET999 that was my license plate all right.

I found my keys and went outside. I tried to open the car doors and found them locked. I used my keys to unlock the doors, my keys worked so it had to be my car. However, just to be on the safe side, I checked the VIN number, my car all right.

I now have a purple car. How did my car change color over night? I believe in miracles and I believe God has a sense of humor. I have experienced both in my life. I just didn’t realize that God’s sense of humor included miracles that transformed cars from silver to purple.

I suppose there are other explanations; after all, I live in Las Vegas. Las Vegas isn’t very far from Area 51, Yucca Mountain, or the atomic bomb testing grounds. Secret government tests could have conceivably affected the color of my car. The only problem with that explanation is that none of the neighbors’ cars changed color.
© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591428-I-Always-Wanted-a-Purple-Car