*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653229-A-Word-to-the-Wise
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Experience · #1653229
If only we knew the power we individually possess
From “The American Dream,” I received the following review:  “I have no idea what you're talking about here. Further, I've never understood all the animosity toward the IRS. It's job is to enforce laws enacted by Congress. Did you fill out your forms and pay the taxes Congress said you owed? If so, how did the IRS incur your vehement wrath?”

From my next post, “Progressivism,” I received the following review: I liked this order of doctrinal work endeavour.

I enjoyed the flow of thoughts, organised viewpoints, illustrious conviction, ironic capitalization of thought-provoking issue based today’s concept of progression, structured expressiveness, and interesting introduction with a contributory link, quest and thoughtful ending and extreme order of subjective take of expression.

From my next post, “The Mind of Man,” I received a 3.5 rating, the same as “The American Dream,” with no review.

In the three posts, I clearly revealed my political point of view. I didn’t expect as much support as I received. Today, I was happily surprised with a paid-for upgraded membership by an anonymous WDC member.  For a wannabe writer, it was manna from heaven. 

I’ve assigned to myself the next to impossible task of bringing the political factions together, that we might live in peaceful coexistence.  From what I’ve seen so far at WDC, the scales are tipped in my favor. Could the tide be changing?

The book of memoirs I’m writing, based on my personal experience, begins when I cut from the herd and went strictly on my own. My forty-nine years here had ended in failure. My friends and family thought I’d flipped, and it seemed they were right. My new beginning started with a security guard job. At 1:00 A.M., my key would not open the door to my apartment. I’d been locked out for non-payment of rent, thanks to the taxes Congress said I owed, which had been withheld from my wages. I could have paid my rent had not the IRS frozen my rightful tax refund.  I was being punished for filing a petition in the U. S. tax court against the IRS for improperly taxing me.

I had filled out my forms. I had not paid the improper tax. By the way, the tax refund far exceeded the amount of tax the IRS said I owed. The law says the IRS was obliged to refund the excess.  Nevertheless, a peon like me does not challenge the IRS. My WDC friend said he didn’t know what I was talking about. What I’m talking about is that might makes right. If we know what’s good for us, we don’t challenge the mighty.

Well, I'm happy to say, my critic was wrong. The IRS ended eating crow on the front page of The Palm Beach Post.  It was gratifying to me and good for the IRS.  It let taxpayers know that the IRS was above the law, and so what? There is nothing you can do about it. It must be pleasing to those on the receiving end to have the IRS there to rip taxpayers off. At any rate, they keep voting for lawless, self-serving “representatives,”  without the foggiest notion that they are putting working people on the street. I speak from experience. They speak as the unknowing and uncaring.  What they don't know doesn't hurt them.

At the lowest point in my life, I asked an astrologer to create a chart for me.  His chart was based on the time and place of my birth.  Time and space is what separates events. There’s the connection. At the time of my birth, in September, 1925, physicist Werner Heisenberg published his uncertainty principle, which was the forerunner of quantum mechanics, and the invention of the atom bomb.

The sun travels across the earth at around 900 m.p.h.  In astrology, an imaginary sunrise is the “rising sign.” Since I was born on September 17, at 4:21 P.M., in Houston, Texas, my rising sign was Aquarius, the water-bearer. My sun sign was Virgo. Coincidentally, writer H.G. Wells, noted writer of the future, was Virgo with Aquarius rising. 

Astrologer Jeanne Avery, in The Rising Sign, under “Aquarius,” writes:  “He may be the person to bring back information that has been lost to civilization for centuries. . .He is the forerunner for setting style, discovering new methods, and showing the rest of humanity the way.” In my book of memoirs, I relate how I found my way, and how it resulted in a change for the better.

My astrological chart showed Saturn to be trine Pluto. In Astrologer’s Handbook, under “Saturn trine Pluto,” I read, “This trine gives the natives the ability to understand the laws by which subtle forces are organized, enabling them to use these laws consciously or unconsciously. . .Often there is a sense of destiny or a peculiar karmic mission which they must fulfill. This is one of the most profound of aspects.”

Speaking of understanding, when I was age twelve, my father bought an outboard motor for his fishing boat. It was a rainy Saturday, and nothing to do, with my mother gone to the grocery store. I took the outboard motor apart and put it back together, fastened it to the arm of a chair, and started it.  My mother smelled the fumes when she returned. My parents never understood my curiosity.  My curiosity began to show itself when I was age five, when I crossed Preston Road. My parents never understood that.

All my life, I’ve been an explorer of the unknown. If you want to know how something is put together, you take it apart.  That’s what quantum physics is currently doing with the universe. It’s a natural for me. In The Physics of Consciousness, Evan Harris Walker writes: “Matter, objects—a physical domain exists that is governed by immutable laws.  But these laws leave open a range of happenings that are left to the selection of the mind. . . It has only been with the advent of quantum theory that we have discovered proof that we exist as something more than pieces of matter.”

We humans are the only specie on the planet with reason and logic. Yet, unlike other animals, we resort to genocide. The high and mighty starve us to death, gas us to death, torture us to death, and machine-gun us to death, all under the concept that the end justifies the means. Beware of the IRS. Under the unconstitutional schemes of America’s conniving politicians, of the end result justifying the means, the IRS has turned into a freedom crushing monster. 

I’ve always questioned how we humans got here. My conclusion, after eliminating all other possibilities, is that the we were put here by some advanced beings from a  world somewhere else, from a world that was vastly more advanced.  Alas, dear hearts, we may possess reason and logic but the power drive overrides it.  Jews in Nazi Germany, like herds of cattle, obediently walked to their demise. If they had fought those murdering dogs, the Jews would have won. My WDC critic never has understood all the animosity toward the IRS.  What a shame! We may not understand why authority abuses our God-given rights, but rather than act we acquiesce. 

I’m happy that I was questioned. It gave me the chance to say that I fought the IRS and won, but I’m only one in millions. Lording it over me, a smirking IRS agent asked me exactly why I thought I had God-given rights that stopped the IRS from confiscating my property.  I cited the Fifth Amendment to my Constitution. The agent laughed and called me a “Fifth Amendment freak.” The IRS found out that my Constitution still works. If only we knew: he who laughs last laughs loudest. 



© Copyright 2010 Joseph Whitworth Smith (jwsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653229-A-Word-to-the-Wise