*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680560-Illegal-Aliens
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1680560
A discussion on what to do about illegal aliens
Illegal Aliens



"What?"



"I said, more of them have come into the country. I saw a group of them moving into the rows over on the north side."

He looked at the others , his stare hard and angry.

"What are we going to do about this? They're coming here in droves, eating up our resources, we can't let this continue."



An older gentleman slowly lit his pipe then rose. He took a few thoughtful steps then turned to the rest of the group.



"We can continue to provide them with aide. Maybe we can set up some type of training so they can learn how to care for themselves, earn their own way ..."



"STOP! Hell, we've been doing this for years, they act like it's easier to let us provide for them than for them to make an effort to earn their own way. Haven't we tried to teach them the basics? I, myself, have tried to set up groups so we could teach them to speak our language; shit, they're so f--king lazy, most of them didn't show up and the few that did just ignored what I was trying to do. I'm tired of this bullshit!"



Another gentleman spoke.



"He's right, they come over here to find a better life for their families but they don't make any meaningful effort to help themselves. It does seem like they just want to suck up what we've already established and not earn their own way. I don't know, on one hand I feel sorry for them and want to help, but on the other hand, I'm tired of them living off of what I've worked for...it's hard..."



"They're different from us, they should go back to where they came from. We should send them all back, this is our country and I want it the way it used to be."



What can we do? Build a fence and keep them segregated? Or...maybe just be patient and see if they can be productive..I vote that we give them more time...more opportunity.."



"BULLSHIT!! then what! they marry into our families! we end up with lazy, weird kids...no thanks, we need to keep our people pure..."



"That's racist!"



"I don't give a shit what you want to call it. Let's get rid of them..NOW!" They're destroying our country...let's do it now before it's too late!"

A very old gentleman rose and by the way everyone quieted, it was obvious he was well respected, He turned away from the group and stared at the painting on the wall. He then turned slowly to the group and gave a questioning look to the other men.



"What do they call themselves?" His eyes moved among the men. After a brief pause, a young man cleared his throat and said.



"Pilgrims."



© Copyright 2010 Anderson Dana (raenme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680560-Illegal-Aliens