*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773583-When-We-Dont-Know-Where-We-Stand
Rated: 13+ · Article · Inspirational · #1773583
Through a season of "I'm not sure", now we must turn our focus on what's ahead.
Amidst a crazy season of tornadoes, powerful tsunami's in Japan, wild fighting in Libya where we are not sure who to protect, Afgan rebels escaping from prison, a royal wedding full of love, duty to nation, and passion between two young British adults just trying to make it; American Idol coming to a close (who'll win??), teacher's being laid off and families not sure of their next step, trying to put our children through college (well, heck, let's just put some food on the table tonight), trying to put ourselves through college so our kids can eat tomorrow night; we worry.

And when we worry, we don't know what to do. We fret. We worry. We fret. We grow sullen. We grow depressed. We grow...weary. We can't think anymore. So what do we do? We give up.

Some lay down and sleep. Some turn to alchohol. Some, drugs. Some lash out. Maybe, by words. Maybe, emotionally. Maybe, just by growing silent (yes, that causes damage). Some, by physically striking someone. Some just cry.

I'm a sleeper. The one thing I have learned I cannot do when I am down is sleep. I have to get up! I have to move!!! Exercise and stay healthy. Live and let live! Be and become me.

No matter who you are, don't let this 'whatever' become you. You smile. You live. You love. You play. You dream. You do.

The Bible says, "Fret Not". This is definitely true. I have another saying for you taken from the film 'Sabrina' (1954). "I have learned how to live, how to be in the world and of the world, and not just stand aside and watch. And I will never again run away from life or love again."

I have this saying on my wall. It's the first thing I see in the morning, and the last thing I see at night. Now is the time for living. Let's live.

Because, after all, that's 'the power of love'.
© Copyright 2011 LookingAhead (txlady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773583-When-We-Dont-Know-Where-We-Stand