*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811110-A-Coffee-Moment
Rated: E · Sample · Emotional · #1811110
When the world around you seems cold, a warm cup of coffee for the soul is in order.
The September chill in Michigan has a way of making a person think of colder times to come. A reminder that the warmth that summer brought is almost at a close, and a reminder of life.

The turning of the seasons.

It never seizes to amaze me the feeling of "awe" I have each time green leaves begin their journey through the color cycle before eventually falling from their respective branches and floating effortlessly to their final resting place on the soft earth below. To witness, from my kitchen table, the turning of the leaves in my back yard is a remarkable experience.

The ending of one season and the beginning of another.

I am always thoughtful of how the changes in seasons can remind me of the changes within my own life. The ending of one phase of life always leads to the beginning of a new phase. Much like the end of Summer brings with it a sadness of warmer days gone by and Autumn brings with it a sign of change, so life is similiar. Where the sadness of one phase of life ends, so begins a change in the next phase of life. One has served it's purpose and prepared me for the next phase. It is a profound experience to realize that this is happening even when I would rather stay stuck in one phase instead of moving forward. The only thing that is enevitable is change.

And change is coming.

I can feel it in the September Michigan wind. I can see it in the changing of the leaves. I can sense it in my own life. I can hear it in my own soul. It is time to move on. It is time to grow. It is time to reflect. It is time to let go. Embracing the changes in my life as I embrace the changing of the seasons rewards me in ways as only embracing changes can. Reminding me that life and its many changing phases are just as beautiful as the world and all its changing seasons.

Yes, I think it's time for another cup of coffee.
© Copyright 2011 K.J. Tracy (trhapz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811110-A-Coffee-Moment