*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811277-Losing
Rated: E · Prose · Family · #1811277
Just a random situation I came up with one day. If I lost my best friend.
    She had never known such pain existed in this weary world. She'd heard of it, read of it, but nothing could have prepared her for the shock of the sudden blinding, and utterly indescribable as she would later note, pain that hit her and seemed to burn through her soul.
    The one person who meant more than anything else in the world, the one person she knew she would give it all for, she could give nothing, do nothing, and she was going to lose him. He meant more to her than even her own family. Her life meant nothing if his was threatened, physically, emotionally, however. He was the one person who new everything about her, and accepted her in a way the rest of the world couldn't even if it wanted to. And she'd never even gotten the chance to explain these things to him. The pain, mixed with the regret that filled her instantaneously as she realized that she would never get to tell him any of these things, burned her, even physically as well it seemed. Her whole being, soul and spirit, were set ablaze with the searing, chokig pain.
    If it burned now, would her soul be completely and absolutely decintegrated when it actually happened? When he...died?
© Copyright 2011 Ryanne Raven Starr (ryannestarr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811277-Losing