*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827713-GDA-Vehicle-Data-Indigo-Revision-2133
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Outline · Sci-fi · #1827713
Working list of the Indigo Series of Armed and Armoured Combat Vehicles in use by the GDA.
Global Defense Army Vehicle Identification Database [Revision 2133]



Company: Indigo Series of Armed and Armoured Combat Vehicles
Unit: Indigo Atlas Self-Propelled Terra Siege Artillery

Estimated Dimensions
Length: 400 Meters
Height: 100 Meters
Width: 250 Meters

->>>Technical Data Begins<<<-


Fire Control System(s):
Indigo Vector FCS[Low Angle BVR1Bias]

Main Armament(s):
-One (1) Indigo Horizon Seventy-Two-Inch (72") Terra Siege Cannon Model 88F/A2

Secondary Armament(s):
-Ten (10) Steel Core Fury Ground Support Howitzers
Arranged in standard Iron Fury formation.3

Auxiliary Armament(s):
-Eleven (11) Atmos Lance Type IV Rail-Driven Model 18F/S4 Antiaircraft Cannons (Single Bore)

-Twenty-Eight (28) Atmos Storm Model 56Q Antiaircraft Guns (Quad Bore)5


---


Company: Indigo Series of Armed and Armoured Combat Vehicles
Unit: Indigo Tremor Self-Propelled SLV Siege Artillery

Estimated Dimensions
Length: 400 Meters
Height: 100 Meters
Width: 250 Meters

->>>Technical Data Begins<<<-

Fire Control System(s):
Indigo Eruption [Straight Line Vector FCS]6

Main Armament(s):
-Model 1812 Mod SL Rail-Driven Sixty-Inch TYPE-E Indigo Quaker Cannon, Penetrator7

Secondary Armament(s):
- Atmos Lance Type III Rail-Driven Model 18F/S G-Mod

Auxiliary Armament(s):






Indigo Atlas
-Main gun in middle,  five SH's flanking each side.


Atmos Lance Type III Rail-Driven Model 18F/S
On the Atlas, eleven reside in a 200m long by 250m wide area; Each takes up a 20x20 zone.







UN: Indigo Land Cruiser
FCS: Type-P Model 1500 Indigo Matrix
MC: Model IV Rail-Driven Starburst Cannon [Unknown Bore Diameter]
--Fires very clean NC shells
SC: Indigo Carnage [Energized] Plasma-tailed Fuel-Air Cannon
SCA: Short-Range Atmospheric Magnetic Caster, Plasma aka Indigo Inferno

*Indigo Inferno uses deenergized plasma energy on a magnetic tube, causing it to become attracted to energized plasma. Lower velocity ensures Indigo Carnage rounds are not attracted to energized plasma for long. (So it pulls the deenergized plasma, rather than being pulled back itself; the Inferno is lower velocity, not the Carnage.) This system violently clears the ILC's huge blind spot zone in a lethal bath of plasma fallout: deenergized plasma reacting with energized plasma dist from the Carnage's rounds create matter/antimatter-like reactions. The area of effect is in a very long, straight and wide path, extending up to two kilometers from the ILC itself.

Footnotes
1  Beyond Visual Range
2  The /A designates it as an Atmospheric Operation model of the 88F series of Terra Siege Cannons.
Also note that I rarely assign arbitrary names and numbers to things; 88F refers to the "8.8 cm Flak 18/36/37/41", better known as the Flak 88, which was the basis for the original mounting for the 88F/A. Since then, the mounting has been changed from the rougher version- simulating the no-nonsense, raw functionality of the Flak 88- to a smoother version, flanked by two massive hard carbon shields. (The 88F/A changed from a 360 degree cannon to a limited-arc cannon, mainly because it looked horribly stupid aiming sideways, so the hard carbon shields are mostly a decoration, although they do serve to protect the mounting from having to defend itself. Interestingly, the mount itself is more durable than the hard carbon shield...)

3  Five (5) cannons on either side of the main armament, each one a little more forward as you move outwards. When raised, this gives a sort of double slanting appearance: in Area Saturation or Parade stances, the collection as a whole slants towards the main armament, as well as the cannons themselves slant backwards, creating an imposing image.
4  Here,  18F/S is shorthand for "Super Flak 18"; it is literally the same kind of physical-based anticraft weaponry found on many Aerospace Combat Vehicles, and is identical to the Flak 18/S (/S designating 'Space'; Respectively, the ground and space shorthands are written 18F/S and Flak 18/S to avoid confusion, although ACV Armament Officers often write 18F/S because they know full well only an idiot would mix the two up on an ACV, where the fuel-air firing mechanism of the real 18F/S would be useless.)
Four are placed on the top of the hard carbon shield, while three run along the rear of the Atlas.

5  Fourteen on either side, in two rows; eight on the bottom row, six on the top. The space between lies roughly on the horizontal centerline of the turret.
6  The Straight Line Vector, or SLV Fire Control System is designed specifically for units like the Indigo Tremor, whose role it is to provide the bulk of defensive firepower for the artillery units it escorts. As the artillery can easily handle foes at range, units like the Indigo Tremor sacrifice long-range abilities in return for point-and-shoot accurate, high penetration, short-range firepower. As a result, their Fire Control Systems do not need their own dedicated computer to operate at maximum capacity, lacking the need to handle complex formulas in real-time. The vastly simplified programming fits easily on the Indigo Tremor's onboard operating system, and is optimized, as the name suggests, for straight line gunnery. This offers two distinct advantages over Artillery-style Fire Control Systems:
-Firstly, the lack of an arcing trajectory slashes the time to impact. At the distances a Tremor unit engages at, this translates into something out of any tank commander's wet dream: the ability to engage and destroy a target virtually the moment it is detected and in range. The only factor acting to slow time to impact is the speed at which the Tremor's cannon can rotate at.
-And secondly, an Indigo Tremor's command team does not need to worry itself at all about most mid-range threats, and all long-range threats. An almost complete focus on targets immediately in view allows for some of the fastest response times a heavy armour commander can ask for. The lack of focus on any long-range threats removes the chance that a commander should become worried about a threat to his or her vehicle, keeping that from affecting operation.

7  Essentially the same thing as the Indigo Horizon, the smaller diameter and SL Mod (Straight Line) bias allow the Quaker to achieve a level-shot accuracy with a half-inch deviation over four kilometers. (Whereas a Horizon shot would have an eight-inch deviation at that range, even before shell drop is accounted for- the Quaker's half-inch deviation, on the other hand, is literally caused solely by shell drop.

© Copyright 2011 Ocean Seven (project-n25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827713-GDA-Vehicle-Data-Indigo-Revision-2133