*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843641-Best-Laid-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Other · Comedy · #1843641
Just when you think you are alone...
Julie heard the front door open and turned to greet her husband. His long hours at work had been wearing on their relationship, but she was determined to not add to his stress by complaining about it. He hadn’t even been able to make it home for dinner tonight and Julie was in the kitchen cleaning up from feeding the kids.

She felt Dave’s lips on the back of her neck as he said, “Mmmm, you smell good.  Taste good too.”

She turned around in his arms and welcomed him with a kiss. “Did you stop for a drink on the way home? Do I detect the smell of alcohol on your breath?”

“Mmmm, not me,” he lied shamelessly.

“Are you hungry? I have leftovers in the fridge.”

“I’m hungry, all right, but not for food. Where are the kids?”

“Jen left to go to the movies with Sam. Johnny is sleeping over at his friend’s house. I think we are alone for a change,” she smiled as she left the kitchen, giving Dave the best come hither look she could manage. She teased, “Catch me if you can.”

He caught up with her in the living room. She turned, threw a mock punch at his nose and wriggled away, headed for the stairs, laughing. Dave grabbed her arm and pulled her down on the couch, knocking over a lamp in the process. Julie pulled away and rose to her feet giggling.

“Come on, honey. Let’s give this old couch a work out again.” He grinned unabashedly and patted his lap. “This will be better than date night.”

Julie had just pulled her blouse up over her head when the front door opened.

“Mom! Dad!” said the horrified voice of their seventeen year old daughter. “What are you guys doing?”
© Copyright 2012 Maggie McCullough (fiare at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843641-Best-Laid-Plans