*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898819-Life-is-Wonderful
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Food/Cooking · #1898819
Chocolate makes life wonderful
"Hello World!" Becky shouted as she entered the kitchen. "It's nice to be alive!"

"That's a matter of opinion," growled Kelly, who was on her hands and knees scrubbing eggs off the floor.

"What's the matter, Sis?"

"When I opened the refrigerator door," Kelly stood up and turned to face her sister. She was covered head to toe with egg yolks, egg shells, and pancake batter. "Our breakfast attacked me."

"Uh,..." she took a deep breath and tried unsuccessfully to control her laughter. "Would you like me to make you a cup of hot cafe mocha?" She opened the pantry door and took out a can of instant hot chocolate.

"It's not funny, Becky!"

"I'm sorry, Kelly," she placed the can of chocolate on the counter next to the coffee maker. Then she took two mugs out of the cupboard and opening the dishwasher she removed two spoons. "It's just that..."

"I suppose I must look hilarious with breakfast on me instead of in our plates." Kelly picked up a dishtowel and began wiping her face off. "Double the chocolate in my coffee." She walked into the breakfast room and sit at the counter.

"Drink this," Becky placed a mug of cafe mocha in front of her sister. "It'll make everything better."

"It won't clean the egg up off the floor or off of me."

"Kelly, I doubt that anything will get dried egg yolks off a hardwood floor."

"That's just great!"

"Kelly, when Norton had the kitchen redone, didn't you tell him not to put a hardwood floor in there?"

"Yes, but.... Oh, I see your point," she took a sip of her coffee. "Leave the floor the way it is and when Norton returns from New York, he'll have to redo it again."

"That's right, Sis," Becky smiled, "only this time with tile instead of wood."

"You know, Becky, life is wonderful."










© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898819-Life-is-Wonderful