*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898848-In-Days-Gone-By-2-Black-Heart---Intro
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1898848
The rewrite of my 50K NaNoWriMo submission. You do NOT need to have read In Days Gone By!
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you to all those who have waited so patiently for the debut release of my second novel.
NaNoWriMo was an absolute blast and I thoroughly enjoyed partaking in the event. If anybody is interested in joining for 2013, head on over to NaNoWriMo.org   to join and take part in the "literary abandon" that is NaNoWriMo.
This is the official rewrite of my NaNoWriMo submission, including new scenes and chapters and grievous grammatical errors. This is a work in progress so please do not criticise my spelling and/or grammar too harshly, but I would appreciate any errors being highlighted to me.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy part two of my In Days Gone By series.


Synopsis

Westfield. New York. America.
         Jacob Crown awakens inside a dark, sealed room inside a secure military base known as Westfield. He has been locked away for almost two weeks but, to Jake, it feels more like 60 years...
         On the other side of the world, NSEF are planning an act that will never be forgotten... The detonation of a nuclear bomb in the heart of the Soviet Union would surely ignite a global war between the United States and the Soviet Union. The two superpowers would fall and a new superpower would take the helm, lead by NSEF themself.
         The world's fate rests, once again, on the shoulder's of Jacob Crown and, once again, dark secrets in his past soon arise to ruin his plans...


A Reminder of the First
WARNING: THE REMAINDER OF THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.
READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK.


Several main characters are introduced in In Days Gone By. These characters include, but are not limited to:
- Jacob Crown
- Alexander Schwarz
- Marcus Goldenburg
- Katherine Jones
- Samuel Baston
- Viktor Salov
- Alekai Xandor

In In Days Gone By, Jacob Crown finds himself in a military facility known as Westfield. The majority of the novel takes part in this location, as the doctors and nurses try to assist Jake back to a state of remembering what happened prior to his arrival in Westfield. The President of the United States has been killed by a suitcase bomb in the White House, along with the Secretary of Defense. Jacob Crown is the only living witness and he needs to remember what happened so that he can prove his innocence. Or, so he is led to believe.
         In reality, Marcus Goldenburg and Alexander Schwarz are working together as part of a non-Governmental unit known as the Non-Soviet Elite Force (otherwise known as NSEF). They planned the assassination of the US President in the bid to start a global thermonuclear war. Once the two superpowers of the world had fallen, NSEF would rise from the rubble as the new global superpower. Along with Viktor Salov, Alekai Xandor and Samuel Baston, NSEF is a seemingly unstoppable force bent on reducing the world to rubble.
         Katherine Jones has a small and confusing part to play in Part 1 of the In Days Gone By series. At times, she is helping Jake to remember and trying to help him prove his innocence, but, at others, she is alongside Schwarz and Goldenberg, operating as part of the NSEF team. Her role is clarified in part 2 of the series.

As you may already know, I submitted In Days Gone By 2: Black Heart as my 50K novel for NaNoWriMo 2012. However, upon reviewing the file, I am disappointed with the result. Consequently, I am rewriting the novel chapter by chapter and posting the finished products up on writing.com.

Anything you can tell me about the chapters will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the new novel!

Tom
© Copyright 2012 TheDreamWriter (twright0123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898848-In-Days-Gone-By-2-Black-Heart---Intro