*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926141-Avenging-Aura
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1926141
Salvatore smiled maniacally, “You don’t have the guts to pull that trigger."
His footsteps echoed off the hard, black pavement, running, always running from them. “Chase, please come back. We’re not going to hurt you. We just need to talk to you.” They called his name, but he wasn’t stupid enough to believe them. They would kill him the second they caught him, which is why he could never look back, why he had to keep running. So they could never catch him, so they could never completely kill his and Aura’s love.

“I have to keep going for Aura. I’m coming for you,” he told himself. It was the only way to keep himself going, to think of her. Her pale blonde hair that fell just above her waist, her soft, blue-green eyes that shone with an angelic shine, and her silky smooth pale cream skin. Yes, think of her. God, baby, I miss you. He turned down a dark alleyway and hid behind a dumpster.

“Where’d he go?” One of them said, looking around the alleyway confused. “Come out, Chase I know you’re here somewhere.” He sent his foot flying into a nearby trashcan, causing Chase to jump.

“Man, he’s not here. Let’s go,” a second one said. Chase listened as the footsteps retreated.

Once they were gone, he ran out from behind the dumpster, staying close to the shadows until he came upon an abandoned house: their headquarters. This is for you Aura; soon, your death will be avenged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What are talking about? You mean to tell me that you let the boy get away!” Anthony Salvatore’s loud voice boomed. The two goons sitting on the opposite side of the desk flinched.

The blonde goon spoke up, “Sir, we know where he lives. There’s no way he’ll get away next time.” Blondie’s partner nodded in agreement.

All of a sudden, the ground started shaking and screams arose from downstairs and outside. “What the…?” Anthony started, but was cut off by a loud crashing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase burst through the window with a loud crash. “WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!” Salvatore yelled as his goons ran to help him up. As soon as he saw Chase’s face, he went pale. “Oh, Mr. Broaden. What a surprise. Your entry scared me.” Salvatore tried to sound nice and calm, but Chase knew he was freaking out on the inside.

“Don’t you dare play dumb with me, you bastard!” Chase screamed, pulling out the gun he had hidden in his jacket, and aiming it at Salvatore’s head.

Salvatore smiled maniacally, “You don’t have the guts to pull that trigger. So why don’t you just kick the gun over here and we can settle this like real men.”

Chase shook his head, finger tightly locked on the trigger. “No way,” he said looking Salvatore dead in the eye. “You killed her. Aura McCarty, remember her? She chose me over you. You had her killed. Well, this is for her.” Chase raised the gun, and pulled the trigger. Salvatore fell to the ground dead.
© Copyright 2013 Lexi-Kun (lexikun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926141-Avenging-Aura