*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025748-Persuasive-Letters
Rated: E · Other · Medical · #2025748
I wrote a letter to Andrew cuomo seeking help for my mom with a medicare issue.

The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224


Joseph Fornabaio

177 Clubhouse Drive

Patchogue, NY 11772

631-419-6079

jjf662001@yahoo.com


Dear Governor Cuomo,


I’m writing to you on behalf of my 85 year old mother Connie Fornabaio. She recently applied for assistatance with the local dept of social services to help out with reimbursing her Medicare costs that come out of her social security check every month. She received a letter turning her down because she was $121.36 dollars over the limit of the required income level to be accepted according to the letter i enclosed. My mother who is on social security payments of $1,039 month and pt job has been a hard working legal taxpaying citizen of this state her whole life. I think this refusal of her claim being because she was $121.036 over the limit required  by the dept is completely upsetting and deplorable on how new york state treats their hard working folks who are legal taxpaying citizens of this state. My mother is just trying to save $99.90 a month by having them cover that expense.


Yet according to this article in the new york times i found new york state has had no problem spending 20 billion dollars annually for the health care coverage for so many illegal, non taxpaying residents in new york state. I think it’s a slap in the face for her and every other new yorker who works hard for their money and are legal residents. Denying this hard working woman her fair coverage is a small example of misuse of our taxpaying dollars over the years. If that article from the new york times wasn’t enough there was new story in the new york post about your administration wants to sign up thousands of ex-cons for taxpayer-financed Medicaid, which they’ll receive once they leave prison but yet my mom can’t get her coverage because of $121.36 i can’t understand it at all. I did file an appeal to hear her case again and it was received recently. 


I ‘m asking for any help/assistant  your  office might be able to  give to correct this obvious mistake and help my mom push along her claim and get her the assistant this hard working women deserves. I have included copies of her claim and other necessary paper work to referee to. Thank you for your time and any help you can give her.


Here are the links to the two stories I spoke of and are in bold and underlined above

   

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/nyregion/affordable-care-act-reduces-a-fund-for-the-uninsured.html?pagewanted=all
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/medicaid_eyed_for_all_ex_cons_8xN6K99jLwTdsEj...

This is also one more story I found about how poorly the state runs this program http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ny_medicaid_exec_pay_is_sickening_eIbSD2CpEsdyQlaDcbRVSM





© Copyright 2015 joe joe (joejoe2015 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025748-Persuasive-Letters