*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072237-SCIENCE-BOON-OR-BANE
Rated: E · Article · Writing.Com · #2072237
SCIENCE , A PRISMATIC SUBJECT
Humans incessantly explore experiment, create, and examine the world. This urge to know more and explore the unexplored has given birth to the field called science. The active process by which physical, biological, and chemical occurrences are studied is known as science .The origin of science has been lost in the mists of time.
Science- this single word itself has a lot to say. Science has truly been the burning topic of the century. Today, you just need to think about any sector and the word science will surely come up. Science technology has made an immense impact on nearly every sphere of daily life. Science plays a major role in today's society.
Science is like a knife. A knife can be used to cut vegetables. The same knife can also be used as a lethal weapon .In the same way science can be used as a tool for the development but like every coin has another side, science, when it is in wrong hands can be abused. The exploitation of science can result in several disastrous consequences like nuclear wars, catastrophic pollution and ruinous bloodshed.
It is only due to science that we stand where we are today. Science has given us lot-computers, technology, electronics, gadgets and the list goes on and on. Science has beyond doubt been a boon for us.
Science has made life easier for man. Thanks to science we can travel from one corner of the world to another within seconds. Transportation has become a million times easier due to science and technology.
Through telecommunication and technology science has brought the world closer. Today a man in India can communicate through the internet to a person in another nook of the world. Science has truly made us say that this is a small, small world.Infact; the world has become so small for us that we have started exploring the space and are even thinking of settlements on Mars.
Science has done a great service to mankind by giving birth to medical technology. Today, science has greatly augmented the longevity of life. Once incurable diseases like small-pox have completely been eradicated and dreaded maladies like Cancer are no longer without a remedy.
Through the advent of hybrids farmers have received a boon. Today farming is a lot easier than it was a decade ago. After the green revolution farming has become a lot easier and the yield has increased tenfold.
Like every coin have two faces. The same science which has been of such great assistance to mankind has another face. Science which has bestowed us with development, progress, expansion and growth has also brandished us with hostilities, destruction, violence, ruin, devastation, annihilation bloodshed, carnage and obliteration.
Gone are the days when peace and tranquility used to prevail throughout the world. Today a gun booms in one corner of the world or another everyday. Wars are fought between countries for years and years together at a stretch. Families are torn apart and friends are lost forever, never to be reunited .By giving birth to weaponry, warcraft and armaments it can be indisputably said that science is the root of battles, armed conflicts and international disputes. Thanks to science we are plunging headlong into an era of nuclear wars.
Due to the advent of science the longevity of life has greatly increased. But, this is paving the way for over-population and population explosion. This has resulted in mass deficiency of land.Today, due to this we are even auctioning of land on the moon!

Thus, I have illustrated some of science's advantages and disadvantages. But can we really blame science when it comes to the disadvantages? I believe that the culpability lies with those who misuse science. The radar of blameworthiness, in my opinion, should never fall on science. Hence I can state indubitably that science is a great boon for humankind, but when it is misused it can prove to be the most worst of banes.



© Copyright 2016 Lucifer (jasujadaksh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072237-SCIENCE-BOON-OR-BANE