*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127853-The-Pen
by Islam
Rated: E · Assignment · Religious · #2127853
the first 10 verses of chapter title "The Pen" of the Holy Quran
Surah Qalam - The Pen

1. Nun.
[These letters (Nun, etc.) are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
By the pen and what the (angels) write (in the Records of men).
Allah          is swearing on the actual pen we use to write. He is alerting to us          that He has favored us by teaching us the skill of writing by which          people attain knowledge (Ibn Kathir's Tafseer)
         The          angels write in the record of man their good and bad deeds.          
         bn          Abi Hatim recorded from Al-Walid bin `Ubadah bin As-Samit that he          said, "My father called for me when he was dying and he said to          me: `Verily, I heard the Messenger of Allah say, (Verily, the          first of what Allah created was the Pen,          and He said to it: "Write.'' The Pen said: "O my Lord,          what shall I write'' He said: "Write the decree and whatever          will throughout eternity.'')'' 
2. You (O Muhammad ) are not, by the Grace of your Lord, a madman.
You,          by the grace of your Lord, are not insane.) meaning -- and all          praise is due to Allah -- `you are not crazy as          the ignorant among your people claim.          They are those who deny the guidance and the clear truth that you          have come with. Therefore, they attribute madness to you because of          their denial.
3. And verily, for you (O Muhammad ) will be an endless reward.
4. And verily, you (O Muhammad ) are on an exalted standard of character.
5. You will see, and they will see,
6. Which of you is afflicted with madness.
7. Verily, your Lord knows better, who (among men) has gone astray from His Path, and He knows better those who are guided.
8. So (O Muhammad ) obey not the deniers [(of Islamic Monotheism those who belie the Verses of Allah), the Oneness of Allah, and the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad ), etc.]
9. They wish that you should compromise (in religion out of courtesy) with them, so they (too) would compromise with you.
10. And obey not everyone who swears much, and is considered worthless,


© Copyright 2017 Islam (themercifulone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127853-The-Pen