*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145663-A-Big-Mistake
by Bry31
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #2145663
I'm only 14 and now I am pregnant... NOT A TRUE STORY
My name is Natalie and I am a 14 your old girl but not your average 14 year old girl. I am a soon to be mom. Yes, I know that I may be young and pregnant but life happens and this is what happened to me. I was stupid and now I got myself into something that I should not have. You may be thinking that I went around sleeping with people, but this is a different story and it starts here.

I was walking home from cheer leading practice on a warm fall night. I do not mind walking home seeing as I could not drive yet and I felt bad making my mom come and get me everyday when she has work to be doing. So, I told her that walking would be fine seeing as we only live two miles from the school. On my way home I got a phone call from my mom and she asked me if I would be willing to stop by the store on the way home to pick up something for dinner. I did not mind because I knew my mom would do it if she was not working so hard to support her and myself. I walked into the store and was shopping for dinner and this guy he looked around 18 or 19 started to follow me around. I became scared and started to quickly grab what I needed so I could get out of the store. Finally, I was able to check out and as I left the store I felt safer. Little did I know he was hiding waiting for me to walk by so he could knock me out. I was out cold and he grabbed me and dragged me into an alley by the store. He ripped my clothes off and all while I was out cold I was raped. My mother could not find me or reach me because I was out cold and that's when she reached out to the police.

A few hours later

When they finally found me I was in terrible shape. I was sent to the hospital right away. The police called my mom and told her what had happened. While, I was on my way to the hospital the police when back into the store to ask if they could review the security footage. Of course they did not say no to them and little did they know the guy who did this to me has been doing it to girls every other week or so. Luckily, for the police after he does it to girls he goes back into the store to find his next victim. They found the man right away and he was placed under arrest right then and there. The real question was if I was going to make it.

I had to spend the next week in the hospital because of all the different test they had to run on me and then that is when we found out that the guy had gotten me pregnant. The doctors kept asking my mom if they should give me an abortion, but they did not know how catholic we were and that we could never do such a thing even though I was so young.

Finally, at the end of the week they released me to go home. My mom and I had decided give the baby up for adoption even though this was gonna be hard to do as a 14 year old. My mom quit her job and started homeschooling me so know one would find out what happened to me all they know is that I had been in the hospital. All my friends wanted to come see me, but when I started to show we would have to turn them away so they would not see when had happened to me. I may only be 14, but we have already found a loving family for this baby boy that I am carrying. The family is so grateful for what I am doing even though I am so young. Thankfully, I only have two more month to go then I will get to see my friends again and go back to cheer.

I may have had a rough patch in my life and gotten pregnant during it, but I like to look on the bright side. I get to help a loving couple who are not able to have children. I get to help them start a family. I know I should be upset about the whole thing, but I could not have gotten through it without the help from my loving mother.
© Copyright 2018 Bry31 (bry31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145663-A-Big-Mistake