*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146050-Dear-Me-2018
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2146050
Instructions to myself for the new year.
January 31, 2018



Dear Me,

2018 is to be a year of obedience. You have been avoiding God’s claim on your life for quite some time, but now you must finally submit to His authority.

What exactly is obedience? It is defined as submissive compliance; conformity to a monastic rule or the authority of a religious superior. A synonym for obedience is reverence, which is a feeling or attitude of deep respect tinged with awe. This should be the foundation of your relationship with God. To be obedient to Him means to keep His commandments and do what He asks you to do. If we fully obey God and trust His ways, He will not only provide us with what we need, but even give us the desires of our hearts as well. Thus, obedience is the foundation of a life of abundance…a life lived well.

So, here are the ways you must be obedient to God this year.

         1. You must “finish the game.” You made a vow…a promise to God 23 years ago. You know exactly what you told Him you would do, so now you must honor your commitment. Stop procrastinating and do the work.

         2. You must accept God’s leadership and authority in your life. Stop fighting and resisting the people God has placed in your life to lead and guide you. You don’t know everything, so learn to listen to and accept the guidance of others more knowledgeable than you.

         3. Put your dreams and ambitions in God’s hands. He knows just the right time to open the doors you need to walk through to achieve your goals. You may study and prepare, but allow God to develop and fulfill your ambitions in His time. Trust Him. He knows what He is doing.

There are a plethora of possibilities for you in the New Year and beyond, but the Glory of God must be the motivation for it all. You are smart, confident, willing and able to do all that God has planned for you to do. Relax and allow Him to lead you on the greatest journey of your lifetime. Your dedication will most certainly be rewarded in the days to come and even into eternity.

Much Love,

ErinLynn

Word Count: 865
© Copyright 2018 ErinLynn (erinlynn1969 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146050-Dear-Me-2018