*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180884-Dear-Me-2019
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2180884
Entry to 2019 Dear Me Contest.
January 26, 2019

Dear Me,

Well, I am certainly proud of you for taking the necessary steps this year to return to college to pursue the academic studies you began 31 years ago. So much has happened in your life since you first stepped onto the college campus that you walked away from a short time later. You have grown so much…my goodness, how you have grown. Your courage to live the life God has given you has increased tremendously since the days of your youth. You still have fears…yes, but you push past them now. You have taken one small step after another (and even giant leaps on some occasions) allowing you to make real progress. The next year and a half should be very momentous for you if, as your beloved grandmother used to say, “Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.”

Continue to strive for excellence in your studies. You did very well your first semester back to college and you can use the momentum this created to propel yourself toward your desired goal of an Associate of Arts degree next year. This will be your first real tangible academic accomplishment. Actually, second only to graduating from high school. You may not have achieved as much as you might have liked to in the first half of your life but there is nothing written that says the second half cannot be spectacular. As it is often said, it is not how you start but how you finish and even more important, that you finish.

With that said, here are some things I would like you to work on this year:

1. Take your time. There is no rush to completing your goals but still remain focused and diligent with your efforts.

2. Relax, smile and enjoy the process. This is a beautiful journey that will have a tremendous impact on the rest of your life, so savor every moment.

3. Take frequent breaks. Time off from studying between semesters is critical for your best performance. This summer, I want you to travel a little. See something new. Meet new people. Enjoy a different experience than you are used to. These are the little things that will shape your perspective and enhance your life experience.

4. Spend time with your family. Their love and support has helped to sustain you throughout your life and is critical to your current pursuits as well. Enjoy the presence of the people who God wants you to journey through this life with.

5. Don’t forget your physical health. Eat well, exercise, meditate and relax often. Your academic performance is best when your physical and mental stamina are at their optimum.

6. Remember your spiritual health as well. Your life, your journey, your success. and even your failure is God-breathed. Christ is the reason for all that you say, do and experience. You are not merely achieving goals for your own sake. You are striving to bring much-deserved glory to the Creator of the Universe. The advancement of His Kingdom is your first priority.

Needless to say, your life is full right now, but I know you would not have it any other way. The present moment is always the greatest time of your life, so be present in every moment that God gives you to enjoy. Remember to thank God frequently for your life, your family, this world and all that He allows you to experience…the triumphs and the trials. Most of all, remember to be fabulous and shine among the stars. The world will be a much better place because you have been a part of it.

Much Love,

ErinLynn

Word Count: 1,099
© Copyright 2019 ErinLynn (erinlynn1969 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180884-Dear-Me-2019